newbie!

babybenza160

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes a160 elegance semi auto
hi all newbie here
i have a 2001 x reg a160 elegance,with the semi auto box
not had it that long, but after reading all the bad press the semi auto gets iam unsure if to re-sell already as i dont like the reliablity issues with that model!
is the issues totally true???are they that poor???
its running fine at mo,just a little tappey on cold start up but then quiets down,
changes all gears fine,atleast for now,but i do not relish the hugh bill if this goes wrong !some say £1800:eek::eek: thats what the car cost!!so what do you guys think??what should i do??the car has done 75k dont have any history with it,
but its in lovely order!!and looks very cool in the red/maroon with the chromed 5 spoke 16" merc alloys!
i never looked at the reliability issues before buying as i thought MERC they are like clockwork! LOOKS LIKE I MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG!

MB Service Centre

Reaction score
Website
www.mbservicecentremansfield.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A210 E320
Hi, stop worrying about somthing thats not there< at the moment anyway, all cars have there problems an d yes your model is no different, but they are a good little car so dont get rid just because of the bad story's>
God cant believe i have just put the a class is a good little car!! sorry you hard core mercedes nutters ;-)

SQ_W211

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
As above, all cars have issues so nothing to worry about. Yours is running fine for now so stop worrying. Take it to a good Indie mechanic to give it once over if you are really that concerned.

Oh and welcome to forum

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom