Newbie's made a boo boo

BI8759

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K AUTO
Hi, I'm trying to sort out air bubbles in my 1998 E300TD and have been checking o rings. Unfortunately, not being mechanically minded, I've disconnected the two fuel pipes off the silver valve-looking thing at the bottom of the pump and now not sure which way round they go - one goes to the filter and the other to the black plastic thing that I assume is the shut off. Can any one give me a clue without telling me I'm a berk? :roll: Many thanks

Ian

Bigtee

Reaction score
I'm a berk? Yes.!!

However if they don't lie in a order were they look were they go, just re fit them see if it works if not swap around.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the silver valve looking thing, is the lift pump for pulling the fuel from the tank to the engine. from memory, it should only fit a certain way, ie the plastic pipes can only fit to one place at each end.

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
That just a "Baby Boo Boo" ..how about this

some years ago when Sierras were about my mate "Leant" his new spanking Cosworth to his sister to go to pick his parents up from Hull ( they'd bin on holiday in Europe)

Sister "Thinks" Ohh it running a bit hot is this I'll pull into Knottingly service (M62) & top the Rad up".......... (This was about the time "expansion Bottles" came into the engine compartments of cars

So she "Tops Off" the water gets in & it wont start .............calls the AA & out comes the "I know A man who Can" guy.........

Who promptly discovers SHES FILLED THE ENGINE UP WITH WATER!!!!!!!!

Andy (my mate) was NOT A HAPPY MAN not happy AT ALL!!!!!!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom