1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newby Hall - SCITP Autumn event 22nd September 2019

Discussion in 'Meet Ups and Events' started by Blobcat, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    Just received the below email, I know we've had a group attend before - anyone up for it?

Hi,

Just over 5 weeks remaining till our last event of the year at Newby Hall. Club stands need to be 10 or more cars booked on to your stand. Individual display cars and smaller groups will be organised into countries as usual.

We will be using the same security and stewards as our Summer event. With our improved parking planner, we should get everyone in without too much of a queue. We are in discussions with Newby hall to speed up entry into show field. I will email full details closer to the event date.

We are also taking bookings for market stalls as well as trade stands. Please email sales@sportscarsinthepark.co.uk

Kind regards

Chris

SCITP Organiser

Due to groundworks to install better drainage under the show field at this venue. We cannot use the standard show field as works will not be finished in time. Things will be back to normal in 2020.

I appreciate that some groups would like their normal spot. This will not be possible at our Autumn event this year.

While our Newby Hall event in Spring attracted 1277 Display cars. We are not anticipating such a high turnout. If we do then the alternative display field is more than capable of dealing with that number.

Get your display car ticket

Late tickets

Late booking ticket prices will be £10 from midnight Thursday the 19th September for the display cars. Additional passengers are the normal SCITP rate of £7. Holders of these tickets (different colour) will be parked in the Late Booking area. This is a mixed section on the display field.

This will allow for better parking plans and time to sort out signage.

Additional passengers

If you need to add a passenger, then you can get an additional passenger ticket any time; including the day of the event.

An additional passenger ticket has to be accompanied by a valid display car ticket.

V6Matty likes this.
  2. Wearsafoxhat

Wearsafoxhat Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    05 E55k Est, 99 SL500, A200
    Bit too far for me, if it is Ripon upt North.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. OP
    Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    It's down south for me :rolleyes:

4. Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes e 250 coupe AMG 2009
    I went to the last 2 meetings and the last one was a joke. I waited for nearly 3 hours in a que getting in. Cars were overheating left right and centre. Luckily the old girl plowed on through. If anyone is going I'd recommend going super early.

5. OP
    Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    Last one I went to all the super cars crawled in, we had the option of driving up the grass beside the track and went past all of them :D:p

6. daveenty

daveenty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 W213 E63s
    Not done a Newby Hall for ages as it's usually only held in May and therefore clashes with other stuff I have arranged in Hampshire.

I believe that this is the first time they've tried 3 meetings in the year. I went to the Lotherton Hall one at the end of July but missed the first Newby one.

I very much doubt I'll be able to make this September one though, if I have my car by then, I'll try to give it a go. Not holding my breath as Mercedes are not exactly bubbling over with information as to where the new one is. I've already had to cancel TRAX at Silverstone in October which I go to most years, as they needed confirmation which I'm not in a position to offer at the moment. :(