Newly joined - considering R231 SL63….

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I had grey leather on my last car and they needed cleaning regularly but it didn’t take long. I have black on my current car and have never cleaned them :oops: (rather proving @00slk ’s point)

Putvon some lovely white knickers Srdl and take your car for a fast drive down some windy roads :D you will see how dirty your black seats are with you get back ;)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Does anyone have a car with a light coloured interior? There are a couple of SL63s out there with very light coloured interiors and I’m concerned that they may either mark very easily and be difficult to clean or just plainly need to be cleaned very frequently to prevent dye staining from the likes of jeans. Thats assuming the seats aren’t already grubby or stained(?).

You can have them coated to prevent staining, a good Detailer will be able to help you, maybe @Morethanpolish will have a product

OP
M

MC2022

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
TBC
You can have them coated to prevent staining, a good Detailer will be able to help you, maybe @Morethanpolish will have a product
Thanks for that information.

I had bought an SL a week and a half ago and was awaiting delivery last week when I was informed the night before delivery that the car had some “issues that needed to be resolved” so delivery would be delayed. When I pushed for further information I was told it had been damaged in transit, and had trim hanging off and damaged to the car.

When I asked how it was going to be dealt with I wasn’t happy with the response so cancelled the order/purchase.

Maybe an SL just wasn’t meant to be…?!

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Thanks for that information.

I had bought an SL a week and a half ago and was awaiting delivery last week when I was informed the night before delivery that the car had some “issues that needed to be resolved” so delivery would be delayed. When I pushed for further information I was told it had been damaged in transit, and had trim hanging off and damaged to the car.

When I asked how it was going to be dealt with I wasn’t happy with the response so cancelled the order/purchase.

Maybe an SL just wasn’t meant to be…?!

Sorry to hear that :(

Don't give up, many people have a difficult journey, it will be worth it in the end.

The right one will come along.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ This.
Don't give up on the car just because this one didn't work out.
It's worth waiting for a good one to turn up.

SquabzZz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 W205
^ This.
Don't give up on the car just because this one didn't work out.
It's worth waiting for a good one to turn up.
+1

I also find look at Mercedes’ for sale in these forums they usually better looked after than random ones on autotrader

Top Bottom