Nice clean key fob

bin

Reaction score
You know what it's like - that DOH!!!! moment.........

Now, I NEVER leave my key fob in my back pocket - ever - except on Saturday. We'd been sorting out some old asbestos sheet from my soffits and bagging it up. I was in a hurry to get my jeans into the washing machine and after locking the car I just did it - I slipped my key fob into my back pocket - went into utility room and took jeans off - stuck them in washer and switched on.

Anyhoo, about 10 minutes later we went to car (T reg 202) to take said stuff down to recling centre - what, no keys.........aaagh! Oh well not much I can do about it now. Went off with spare - did stuff - came home 4 hours later - took key out of washer - dud! Took out batteries, flat, dried out key with hairdryer.

Monday off to shop - get 2 new batteries, fit, point at car - everything works! Now, that key fob has been in a washing machine for an hour or so, banged around by spin drier and left to fester in damp atmosphere for 3 hours.

I am impressed!

bin

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
You must have had it on a gentle wash cycle! :lol::lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You were lucky Bin,, my keylessgo card failed on the second wash at 60C

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Since so may parents give their keys to their kids to keep them amused when they're out they must be pretty resilient. I do wonder though if those self same parents would be willing to hand their kids a £200 glass ornament to play with or a netbook PC?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Since so may parents give their keys to their kids to keep them amused when they're out they must be pretty resilient. I do wonder though if those self same parents would be willing to hand their kids a £200 glass ornament to play with or a netbook PC?

I have been horrified at some meets where the car key is on a huge bunch of metal keys,,other the damage to the key itself,,this can also damage the ignition switch,,so very expensive

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
id better take mine off my bunch then! its on the same bunch as i have a habit of forgetting where i put keys and not finding them for weeks! i think i have about 16 keys on my bunch! i may be able to take some off though now

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The weight of some keys can switch the car of!!

Had this once with a brand new CLS, went out to it 2-3 times for cutting out, never showed a fault code, always on the same roundabout, took it round myself the last time and the swing of the keys hanging turned the key off to number 1!!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
id heard of that myself, hence i always put the key in with the metal part to the top, then when its in its run position, the other keys hold it in the run position rather than try to switch off!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The weight of some keys can switch the car of!!

Had this once with a brand new CLS, went out to it 2-3 times for cutting out, never showed a fault code, always on the same roundabout, took it round myself the last time and the swing of the keys hanging turned the key off to number 1!!
I've seen a post by an ML owner on here saying the same

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom