No remote control

Hicham

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/1995
Hi,
Bought a used 1995 c220 w202 Basic merc with a faulty central lock and no remote control. The owner doesn't know wither it originally had a remote control.

Now that I have fixed the vacuum pumb, Central lock is back to life again. However, how can I know wither this car can use a remote control or not? also, if it does, how can I add a new one?

Please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Do you mean a key with a remote unlocking button?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Is there a red and green light on the lower edge of the rear view mirror? If yes, you have remote central locking.

SIIVION

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 w202 1995
take care to send messages that make sense and are not frustrating to members who write correctly.

wither means to shrivel from lack of moisture, the word you wanted was whether and a wether is a castrated sheep

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
take care to send messages that make sense and are not frustrating to members who write correctly.

wither means to shrivel from lack of moisture, the word you wanted was whether and a wether is a castrated sheep

Pot, kettle, black.

All sentences should start with capital letter, and end with full stops.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
As far as I know all the 202's had remote locking, certainly eurospec ones did, have you got a key lock on both front doors as this I think would be an indication if it was meant to have remote locking.
As far as I,m aware the only way would be to get a new fob from MB, but this will be I expect prohibitively expensive.
A better solution would be to fit an aftermarket kit such as this below in the link, as it comes with new remotes.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL...cessories_Safety_Security&hash=item337f2ddff7

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom