No sound from Audio 10 (w203)

Erfaan

Reaction score
Hi there,

Last week, my Audio 10 stereo stopped out putting any sound. The display is working, I can change to different stations, change to CD player, but irrespective of which source I select, I just cant get any sound!:confused:

Any advise guys?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum.. do try what Jberks has said above first.

OP
E

Erfaan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just removed the fuse (No. 64, 10 amp) and then put it back...no joy:(

It really is bizzare as the stero display and all other functions work, except there is no sound from the speakers!

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They are easy to get repaired from a n ICE shop that has a repair dept,, the output chips can fail,,it could be worth pulling the radio out to be sure that one of the plugs has not come out

OP
E

Erfaan

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the reply. I'll pop down to halfords to see if i can get the keys to remove the stereo to see if any cables have come loose.

Will i need the stereo code if i slide it out??

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It has been said that radios from 2001 onwards are coded once from the factory,,if you do need one, your MB dealer will give you the code from the VIN number

OP
E

Erfaan

Reaction score
Chaps,

Thanks for all you help. Strangely, after starting the car this afternoon, the radio started to work!

I guess the removing the fuse DID do the trick!!

Thanks once again.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom