Noisy Glovebox in a C Class (W203)

AndrewIles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 55 AMG
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the glovebox in a W203 C Class?

When I drive on a road that is bumpy I get a chirping sound from the glove box. It is like having a canary in the car with you!

If you put pressure on the glovebox cover it stops but as soon as the pressure is released the canary is back!

Thanks for your help.

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SLK 230K & 2003 ML270 CDI Inspiration
Hi,
Not sure if your glove box is the same set up as mine, but I had an annoying squeek on mine, and on the top lip next to the catch on the dashboard there are two rubber things with a screw inside, I loosened these off slightly which in turn moved the rubber stops out a bit, just enough to shut the squeek up!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi,
Not sure if your glove box is the same set up as mine, but I had an annoying squeek on mine, and on the top lip next to the catch on the dashboard there are two rubber things with a screw inside, I loosened these off slightly which in turn moved the rubber stops out a bit, just enough to shut the squeek up!

You are spot on there young lady, that is what they are for:D

OP
AndrewIles

AndrewIles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 55 AMG
Thanks Lisa Jayne.

Mine don't appear to have screws inside, but I have removed one and the squeek appears to have gone!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom