Non-matching steering wheels . . .

stuart_m

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/1998/320 and SL55 '04
Non-matching steering wheels . . . :confused:

Hi All,

new here ~ but the 'there is no thread for newbies to introcuce themselves' thread says jump right in . . . here goes . . .

Looking for my third MB; ex C220 (petrol W202) owner, currently driving a CLK 320 (W208) ~ which is lovely now I've defeated the rust (at least fot the time being....) . . . and actively searching for 'MY' SL ..........

OK here's the question - I have been looking for an SL to call my own, and so I have looked at rather a lot of them just recently, and I noticed something I don't understand (yeah, yeah, I know ~ just ONE of the things I don't understand...:rolleyes: )

Usually when the car has a light coloured interior - beige 'alpaca' etc - the steering wheel and column surround match...

But Not Always ~ I have seen several examples of cars where the interior is a light colour but the wheel and column are black...

Is this potentially indicative of a crash damage repair ??? Or were some of them just supplied like that ?

. . . or could this just be 55 AMGs I wonder . . .

slightly confused,

Stuart

(or is it panic ???? :p)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, all the ones that I have seen are colour matched to the car interior.

But looking in the sales book all the cars have black wheels so this will be an order option when new

What year are you thinking of

OP
S

stuart_m

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm

Thanks for your response. I'm actively looking for a nice 03 / 04 example of an SL55 (truth=can't afford anything newer :p ) and most of the SL's I've seen have matching wheels and the 55's don't ... Just puzzled rather than seriously suspecting the cars in question...

( think I may have found a nice one... just need to check its history....)

Cheers

Stuart

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
We have a silver 129sl dark blue leather interior ,also the steering wheel blue. The other light green, leather champagne interior but original black steering wheel. Hope this helps

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm

Thanks for your response. I'm actively looking for a nice 03 / 04 example of an SL55 (truth=can't afford anything newer :p ) and most of the SL's I've seen have matching wheels and the 55's don't ... Just puzzled rather than seriously suspecting the cars in question...

( think I may have found a nice one... just need to check its history....)

Cheers

Stuart

Anything that you are not sure of just ask away, we have a lot of know how here on these cars

OP
S

stuart_m

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Turned out the one I thought was 'a nice one' . . . . wasn't :-(

However - have now found a nice one - and since its black inside and out - the question becomes academic :D

Thanks for the responses.

Stuart

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Turned out the one I thought was 'a nice one' . . . . wasn't :-(

However - have now found a nice one - and since its black inside and out - the question becomes academic :D

Thanks for the responses.

Stuart

Be different fit a green one :D:D congratulations

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom