1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob here! New Merc Owner :)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Phil666, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Phil666

Phil666 New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    C Class 2015 Estate Petrol Automatic 2.0
    Hello Guys,

New owner here and first time Merc owner so joined to learn any tricks of the trade! also have a few questions of myself that I hope I can get some clarity over. Car is C CLASS 2015 205.

Question time! - I have owned this car 2 weeks and have found out the Garmin Map Pilot does not have my home address...(new builds, but been here 2 years!). I updated the SD Card using the Mercedes-Benz Download Manager see below:

This is a 2014 SDCARD, does it update to the latest maps or do I need to purchased a new SDCARD? does anyone know what this costs ? I would of though spending ££ on the new car I would have atleast got up to date maps!

thank you and hello everybody!

Kr Phil

2. Srdl

Srdl Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253) Premium Plus
    Hi Phil and welcome to the forum and the world of Mercedes. Sorry I can’t help with your Garmin query but this link tends to suggest that if you don’t qualify for a free update then you need to buy a new SD card from your dealer.
    https://shop.mercedes-benz.com/dcp/static/garmin/en/free-service.html

If you bought the car from Mercedes dealer, then it might be worth trying to twist their arm for a free update!

3. Headhurts

Headhurts Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Night Edition Estate/2016/Diesel
    It can be years before the maps fully catch up with new builds and changes.

You could update yours and still find it not showing, mind you if free update go for it.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2017 W205 C200 2.0Ltr (Petrol) ///AMG Line, Premium, 4dr. Auto. Brilliant Blue with Alpaca trim
    Hi Phil, welcome to the forum and the MB experience :)