Not a Merc but a Porsche (after some help)

OP
coventryslk

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
And there we have the smoking gun (or dripping pump). That will be the issue.
Just ordered a new pump. Hopefully put it on this Sunday. Awkward 10mm bolt to access but have a 1/4 universal joint adapter should get in there... in the mean time I'll take the pulleys off and get new bearings pressed in... hopefully the issue be sorted then

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
I don't know where your power steering pump is located, but it looks like it's got dried greenish blue antifreeze over it.
Could the water pump lashing coolant out onto the PAS pump have knackered the PAS?

I don't know what fits from SKF, but they make some of the best automotive bearings you can get and ship direct if you order from their website. Plus prices are amazingly competitive as they are cutting out the middle men/persons/they by doing it that way. Worth checking the SKF online web catalogue if you need this aux type pulley stuff.

OP
coventryslk

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
I don't know where your power steering pump is located, but it looks like it's got dried greenish blue antifreeze over it.
Could the water pump lashing coolant out onto the PAS pump have knackered the PAS?

I don't know what fits from SKF, but they make some of the best automotive bearings you can get and ship direct if you order from their website. Plus prices are amazingly competitive as they are cutting out the middle men/persons/they by doing it that way. Worth checking the SKF online web catalogue if you need this aux type pulley stuff.
I was going to go the SKF way as they around the same £3 each but went for FAG as what was in originally.

Power steering pump is at the top, to the left of the air con compressor on the right side with the water pump at the lowest point on the left side. Pump was ok a few weeks ago, I just think the belt it either being tensioned too much or one of the accessories is dragging overloading the 3 pulleys and now the waterpump. I guess its trial and error. Waterpump has been ordered and will fit and also swap out the pulley bearings.

The aircon compressor, the centre part of the pulley remains static, I assumed that it would also rotate when engaged via the electromagnetic clutch.
I'm learning more and more and ill get some satisfaction once the issue is resolved

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
If the magnetic clutch on the AC compressor doesn’t kick in when you switch the AC on it likely has lost all the gas. Sadly common on these. The twin condensors are a service item it seems

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If the magnetic clutch on the AC compressor doesn’t kick in when you switch the AC on it likely has lost all the gas. Sadly common on these. The twin condensors are a service item it seems
With the opening not having any grills to stoop leaves and other rubbish entering the detritus builds up at the bottom of the condensers and corrodes them

OP
coventryslk

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
That's the next thing to look at. Switch the air con on and engine revs rise initially but air con compressor not spinning was thinking it be the clutch gone and been on the old YouTube watching videos. I'll use your advice and I'm going to remove the front bumper to paint it soon and can look at doing the condensers too

Top Bottom