Not long now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
If they cant get a simple thing like keeping an election pledge.. which Cameron broke quite a few..but he doesn't like other people breaking ones he made... then what chance we will get the full story of how brexit will be handled.
No chance whatsoever.

Theresa (who did a complete 180 degree turnabout from being a "Remain" voter in the Cabinet - in order to get the No 10 job of course) wants it all kept secret so she can say "See, I told you I would get the best deal!
- But that's regardless of what we get and what they refuse of course.
- That's the only actual "plan" she's got - but it's a cunning one!

Do make sure you carry an umbrella from now on - there's going to be a lot of "oinkslit" dropping from the skies!

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
May and co. Will have to come back to parliament with an "acceptable" deal, otherwise she will suffer the he same fate as Cameron. So, parliament will have a "meaningful" vote after all.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
True but being a crafty Conservative PM she will lie about the deal, dress it up to make it sound like it was a complete success, then slink off into a high paid job never to be seen or heard off again.
And if she can fool Farage as well then the brexiteers will claim it as a success.

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
As this started as a thread on the likelihood of a United Ireland we need to mark the death of Martin McGuinness he died today at the age of just 66 a man who was able to change from warrior to peacemaker

As was said on the radio this morning by someone whose son died in one of his bombs "All the good he did in the peace process will never make up for the bad"

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
  • Banned
As was said on the radio this morning by someone whose son died in one of his bombs "All the good he did in the peace process will never make up for the bad"

In 1969 the Civil Rights Movement had the gall to ask for the vote, the 6 Counties Government responded with the B specials and mobs attacking peaceful protesters.
McGuinness moved on from the conflict as did Ian Paisley, he deserves respect for that if nothing else.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Not surprising you'd support him. After all he did kill a lot of English.

We'll just gloss over the hundreds of the Disappeared shall we?

And Scots. And Welsh. And Irish.

But he was able to change, so that makes it alright.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Ignorance is always the way to form views then make decisions and then spout those as if we are experts on the subject.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ignorance is always the way to form views then make decisions and then spout those as if we are experts on the subject.

My views were formed while picking the fingers of a mate's right hand out of the side netting on a Saxon, thanks to a blast bomb laid by the late Mr. McGuinness' Active Service Unit.

How were yours formed?

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned

Given the press coverage you'll find that a lot of people supported what he and Paisley achieved; your comment is a disgrace you should be ashamed of yourself

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Given the press coverage you'll find that a lot of people supported what he and Paisley achieved; your comment is a disgrace you should be ashamed of yourself

I'll give him credit where it's due, for two things.

1. Supporting the peace process, and saving lives as a result.
2. Carking it.

Pack in the calls for being ashamed. You should be ashamed of trying to make people feel ashamed, etc. It detracts from your argument.

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
My views were formed while picking the fingers of a mate's right hand out of the side netting on a Saxon, thanks to a blast bomb laid by the late Mr. McGuinness' Active Service Unit.

How were yours formed?

Both sides in this conflict, lost loved ones or people they cared about, a school friend of mine was blown up in Armagh in his army Land Rover when he was just 18, he was serving with the Parachute Regiment. Another friend was blown up in Cookstown but survived, he even went on to meet the man that planted the bomb. No one gains by perpetuating conflict.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
These scars will not be healed for either side in our lifetime.

It's true that nobody gains by perpetuating conflict but I was told by a pretty wise old man (now passed) many years ago that compromise (in this context) is a sign of weakness. In a war (which the IRA said it was after all) there has to be a winner and a loser. In fact, his view was such that the 'partition' settlement itself (May 3, 1921) was a sign of weakness with no winner or loser - which he said was the reason it kept festering on and on.

I was just sitting in the car listening to the radio while waiting for SWMBO at the doc's and I heard three people giving views on this: the first gave McGuiness credit for "becoming peaceful", the second was an army man who said that the IRA were beaten - but asked for a ceasefire (he went on to say that armies don't ask for ceasefires if they're winning)! He then said the army were then betrayed by Blair who gave the IRA the promise of no further charges while we are still investigating the actions of serving soldiers.

Then they had Norman Tebbit (his wife was left permanently paralysed in the bombing at the Tory conference in the Grand Hotel, Brighton). His summary was a fairly brief dismissal (in The Telegraph today he wrote that McGuinness was a 'coward who never atoned for his crimes'.

As I say, these scars won't heal in our lifetime but it has to a better place for kids to be growing up etc.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I'm glad he stopped murdering people but to call him a "warrior" is massively insulting and I'm certainly not ashamed for thinking this. There are not many left now who know where the bodies are buried - they need to give the families closure. McGuinness didn't.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yug, you mean "wouldn't".

OP
prwales

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned

this is a libelous statement , remove it or apologise

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
this is a libelous statement

I see no libel. only fact.
I swear you start these threads for confrontation, like a typical troll.
Stand by for another closed thread, courtesy of PRW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom