Now its Brake and Tyre Dust Causing Pollution Even Electic Cars

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Drax power station is built upon one of the largest coal reserves in Europe - miles to site pretty much nil
But Coal is bad :(
So convert to Biomass because that's good :)
Where can we get enough wood pellets from?
I know we'll ship them from Baton Rouge in Louisiana... (on MFO burning cargo ships)
Then send them from Liverpool to Drax on Diesel trains
The road to hell is paved with the moronic ideas of those who think they know what they're doing and think it's right for the planet :rolleyes:

I'm going out now and going to convert some dead dinosaurs to fun just for S&G :D

I just wonder how cutting forests down over there is more environmentally acceptable than here.

I have seen those trains and they are very long, the terminal cost £100 million and will handle 3 million tonnes of pellets a year.

Apparently that will save 86% of carbon emissions ?

You do have this feeling though that the "savings" don't include the transport and the loss of carbon eating trees.

Never mind the wildlife and the pelleting and the transporting of the trees to the plant.

https://www.peelports.com/news/2015/first-phase-of-100m-liverpool-biomass-terminal-nears-completion

Being green appears to need Ken Dodds accountant to make the numbers.

I have the feeling a better number cruncher than me could get the figures very close for using clean coal technology , when ALL the costs are taken into consideration

Bogus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 230E 1992. BMW X3 2.0 d. X drive 2012
Cant see much wrong with making people aware how their lifestyles create pollution, and the possible effects of that pollution, that means you are informed and can choose whether or not you personally want to contribute to a reduction in some way. Just moaning and saying leave me out of it, there are bigger polluters than me, is not much of a way forward.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Cant see much wrong with making people aware how their lifestyles create pollution, and the possible effects of that pollution, that means you are informed and can choose whether or not you personally want to contribute to a reduction in some way. Just moaning and saying leave me out of it, there are bigger polluters than me, is not much of a way forward.

The problem is we could literally stop everything and still not make much of a difference if we all pushed at the same rate I think take up would be significant.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Well the relevant Governmental Dept, The Government’s Air Quality Expert Group, aka 'The Government's Air Quality Expert Group Think Tank to Replace Lost Revenue Streams With Related, Credible and More Profitable Revenue Streams' do still need to replace a lot of lost revenue, and far more than was created in the original drive to diesel that started in the early 80's and the Motorist has paid it all before so they can afford it, Right? And Typically, the Government have used their regular media PR Company for their latest leak. :D

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom