Nox sensor faulty (pos known fault)

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Hi everyone Iam new to this. Has anyone experience this problem with new type Mercedes the knots sensor. Iam so angry with Mercedes as my car just over the 3 years by a few months and only done 35 thous miles with Mercedes history and they don’t want any thing to do with it and basically said hard luck.Ive heard this is a well known fault and surely Merc should say they will fix this as it can’t be fit for use if all ready going wrong. Sensor is £350 plus then fitting seems absolutely joke this should happen on a low millage new shape car and seems they won’t me to fit the bill. Any help with which way I should go with this or if anyone else got same car and problem so maybe so put a case against them. My car 2015 c300 hybrid diesel. Thanks all.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What is a knots sensor?

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
N0x

Something like this (ignore part number), the VAG TSFi engines eat these things regularly ..........:mad:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Depending on fault code, we have managed to get them replace foc even after the warranty has expired. Mainly if star tells you to replace both and change data card.

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Yer nox sensor,been told they should put out a pressure of a 1000 but one of mine 950 if this makes sense.Any I dear If can replace and change card as last person wrote what it would cost? Ps thanks for info and great response to everyone

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Thanks for your info,So surely this is a design fault with theas if this is the case and they should not have this problem so quickly should they?? Mercedes should be held responsible for the design fault would you agree?thanks.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Its not really a design fault. Its a constantly working sensor that has a shelf life. Albeit a very short one in your case. Whilst we replace lots of these, we also see many cars without failing NOx sensors.

As Ian has said, you need to check the vehicle software, update it and possibly change the data card. In some cases you have to replace 1 or both sensors, sometimes the software update cures the problem.

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Thank you steve for info,I appreciate you taking time to write and give me more info. When I first talked to a chris Brunswick customer service manger for Merc in Netherlands he said there is know problems and I’ll just have to pay Merc to fix it as my car is 3 years and a few months over,absolute joke.Star garage been great and are sorting it,I’ll be back on to Merc to complain and ask why there customer service manager telling lies. Thanks for info every one,will keep updated.

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
The name of chap who is complete useless,extremely unhelpful,and said sorry can’t help as your 3 year warranty just over and we don’t no about NOx sensor faults was a gavin not chris, gavin Berwick in the Netherlands and said o could not talk to or go higher then him at Mercedes.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Two claims gone in today for pairs of nox sensors.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
What is a knots sensor?
Fixed the thread title as I was thinking it was a bit nautical - although I suppose it could be to measure your speed whilst wading through fords? :D

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Massive shout to star garage at reading.These chaps got on to me and where a massive help. There hoping to get this NOx sensor sorted through Merc and gave me a car in meantime.Great people, great garage, Mercedes uk need to take a leaf out of there book instead of fobbing people off. Fingers cross spoken to what car magazine who might look into this and do a story about this problem and the cost of your warranty just out.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
I'm getting confused, is Reading in the Netherlands?? o_O

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Oops Iam good at confusing things my apologies. No reading is just outside London close to Maidenhead way.Garage there (star garage) member in hear been top class and are trying to get problem fixed. When this first happened and I phoned Merc uk they put me through to a customer service manager,English chap gavin benswick or something based in the Netherlands who basically said 3 year warranty up hard luck.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oops Iam good at confusing things my apologies. No reading is just outside London close to Maidenhead way.Garage there (star garage) member in hear been top class and are trying to get problem fixed. When this first happened and I phoned Merc uk they put me through to a customer service manager,English chap gavin benswick or something based in the Netherlands who basically said 3 year warranty up hard luck.

Thanks for kind words, let hope we can get it put through under warranty.

OP
J

Jerry merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 diesel hybrid 2015
Once again thanks everyone for your quick response on hear and your help and info. Just wanted to say again a massive thanks to star garage who contacted me on hear and got me sorted. They took my car gave me there,s and had mine fixed in 3days of me posting post. Absolutely fantastic service so thanks again lads. Have a good Christmas to all.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you. Having read the fault code and managed to get these changed FOC by mercs before, even when the vehicle is outside the normal 3 year warranty, I’m glad we could help. A great result knowing that mb were going to charge you in excess of a £1000.

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom