Nox sensor recall

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
They are only going to be reliable when benz are forced to replace them at their cost.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
I didn’t realise the NOx sensor fiasco extended to petrol engines MB should be prepared to at least show some goodwill hope you get a satisfactory resolution

Yes it does. The petrol versions may be don't get the publicity as the diesel ones. No idea why not. Perhaps more diesels were sold at the time???

I've got a full Mercedes service history so if the nox sensor failure is confirmed by them and they refuse to pay for it then I am going full bore in taking them to court.

When you purchase a car from a dealership there is an implied understanding that that car being sold to you doesn't have a part which will need replacing every 18 months at a cost of approx £ 1200.

I will see what they say when I pick it up later today.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
good luck and your right it isnt good enough.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
good luck and your right it isnt good enough.

Cheers buddy. I'll report back here.

And hello from Bolton also, my Bolton buddy! Marshalls @ Blackburn Rd always stresses me out. Mercedes prices and Ryanair customer service levels.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yes hello there, bought a few from marshalls in the past, not the best experience, they turned me down for my nox sensors, hope it goes your way!.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
yes hello there, bought a few from marshalls in the past, not the best experience, they turned me down for my nox sensors, hope it goes your way!.

Did you have a full service history?

They made you pay £1000+ to replace the nox sensor?

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Had full but with 2 independents but stil updated via star and still digital, ended up getting them off ebay canada just before covid hit.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
A friend of mine bought a 2018 C220d from a garage near MK, 2 days later it broke down with nox sensor failure, he took it to my local indy and they sent him straight to MB Exeter

The reason being when you replace 1 the other one goes and then you have to replace both so best to let MB fight with the Warranty company, also it appears MB have got most of the stock so they are difficult to get hold of

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
A friend of mine bought a 2018 C220d from a garage near MK, 2 days later it broke down with nox sensor failure, he took it to my local indy and they sent him straight to MB Exeter

The reason being when you replace 1 the other one goes and then you have to replace both so best to let MB fight with the Warranty company, also it appears MB have got most of the stock so they are difficult to get hold of

Thanks. Mine's a petrol. MB told me last time that it has TWO Nox sensors but others on here are confident that it only has ONE.

I should be picking it up in an hour or two so I will see what they say...

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
The **** show that is Mercedes Marshalls of Bolton is the gift that never stops giving!

My car should have been ready for collection yesterday but they forgot about me.

Received a call today saying it's ready for pick up and the part is under warranty....happy days.

Arrived there and the tone changes.

Service manager tells me that work is chargeable as it has been replaced before. A rather heated argument ensued where I told them this is going to court, no bluffing.

I asked him if the nox sensor had actually been replaced or if I need to book it in for the job and was told that yes, they replaced the sensor for me.

They didn't even ask me for work approval-they just carried out the job. Possibly because some staff were under the impression it was a warranty job and maybe approval wasn't required in that case.

I've had to pay them £ 700+ just to get my car back and now I will begin the process of taking them to court.

Does anyone know if, under the circumstances, I take the dealership to court or Mercedes Benx UK?

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The **** show that is Mercedes Marshalls of Bolton is the gift that never stops giving!

My car should have been ready for collection yesterday but they forgot about me.

Received a call today saying it's ready for pick up and the part is under warranty....happy days.

Arrived there and the tone changes.

Service manager tells me that work is chargeable as it has been replaced before. A rather heated argument ensued where I told them this is going to court, no bluffing.

I asked him if the nox sensor had actually been replaced or if I need to book it in for the job and was told that yes, they replaced the sensor for me.

They didn't even ask me for work approval-they just carried out the job. Possibly because some staff were under the impression it was a warranty job and maybe approval wasn't required in that case.

I've had to pay them £ 700+ just to get my car back and now I will begin the process of taking them to court.

Does anyone know if, under the circumstances, I take the dealership to court or Mercedes Benx UK?
Thats the attitude i had with marshalls and why i went elsewere, whats the 700 for?.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 2017 W205
Thats the attitude i had with marshalls and why i went elsewere, whats the 700 for?.

For the nox sensor.

I was sat in their temporary portacabin office whilst staff were literally talking over my head trying to work out a price for me on the fly.

Job sheet had no prices on it as I assume they were working on the basis it was a warranty job. Service manager decides whilst I am there that it is chargeable after all

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And thats why i no longer have a modern merc because when things go t£ts up it cost alot., mine was 5 years old and while people down south were getting the foc there was no chance here.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom