1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTG 2.5 Scrambled Sat Nav.

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Happiechappie, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Happiechappie

Happiechappie Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320 CDI Sport
    Hi Folks

This sat nav is in a 2008 W211. Its a 2008 model (added to the car as an update from Audio 20)with the latest firmware standard and 2010 maps. Its lost its way several times lately. It behaves ok then suddernly it tells me I'm off road, looses the map picture but the car symbol is still being driven what looks like cross country. The point where it gets scrambled can be on wide open roads where GPS reception would not be affected. It occasionally picks up new roads and provides voice direction but the position bears no relationship with where I am. Assuming the TMC symbol and the five squares in the lower right of the display show GPS reception, the reception can go from no squares to all squares but the system does not recover. The symptoms can last several days then suddernly, map mode with and without navigation directions operates normally. I can change the GPS antenna but other than that I'm lost. Any idea what might cause these symptoms ?

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    You fault is the GPS antenna :D:D good fun isnt it when it shows you being in another place

3. OP
    Happiechappie

Your Mercedes:
    E320 CDI Sport
    not much fun when in the middle of Exeter!!!
    I assume there must be a range of antenna available. Is there a recommended best model?

4. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Just get one from Ebay with a facra connector and pop it under the dash where there is no metal, that should enable you to get out of Exeter

5. OP
    Happiechappie

Your Mercedes:
    E320 CDI Sport
    Thank you Television. I will take your advice. Keith:)

6. Rob law

Rob law Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320
    Sat Nav

A common fault, had the same problem, as Television states buy a new one from Ebay with the connection FARCA around 15 pound, plug in and should sort your problem