C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Duh.

The poster is a wind up.

And the same people fall for it time & again. Never mind, it's amusing to watch.

Not true at all. What makes you think such things? Why would I have been on here since July 2011 asking for help if I didn't need it?

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
How many times .....

USE A FRAME OR STICKY PADS!!!!

But say I was an awkward customer and didn't want to use sticky pads? How would one overcome this possible scenario?

Last edited:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Thank you I will do. But say I was an awkward customer and didn't want to use sticky pads? How would one overcome this possible scenario?

Lets say you don't read what people post....

USE A FRAME OR STICKY PADS

moob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi W211
This entire post has to be a wind up

First world problems.

Incredible, surely this man in his workshop should be coming to one's homestead and affixing said number plate to one's pride and joy? :D

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
This entire post has to be a wind up

It certainly took me in --just thinking about it -NO new number plates are pre drilled as they all mount in different places depending on the vehicle you fit them on --holes are in different positions if already on the vehicle from new.:lol:

OP
C

Calumcco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
N/A
  • Banned
Got some pads

OK I have just been to my local car shop and got 2x 5 sticky pads. Now surely all I do is remove the current plates and apply the sticky pads to the flat surface and then put the plates on ??

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
yep, very simple. Make sure everything is nice and clean first and dry.

Last edited:

Aiden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI Sport
No not at all. Tell me how I can fit my new numberplates then without taking a drill to it and creating uneven holes or damaging the plastic surface of the numberplate.:neutral:

Use the old plate as a template. Use tape on the back of the new plate. Mark up holes. Drill holes. Attach to car.

Job done.

EDIT: Or just use sticky pads :)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK I have just been to my local car shop and got 2x 5 sticky pads. Now surely all I do is remove the current plates and apply the sticky pads to the flat surface and then put the plates on ??

This is where the fun will start as the mountings on the 140 boot has stand off pillars, it needs very thick pads to clear the pillars so either get some 6mm thick or stick loads of 1mm standard pads together till they sit further out than the pillars. Not the ideal weather as they stick better when warm.

the director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 R 350 Grand Edition; 2015 S 350
Which side of the plate do the pads go on though? Also, can someone point me to the eBay reference as I wouldn't mind a set of the holes (are front and rear the same size?)

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Which side of the plate do the pads go on though? Also, can someone point me to the eBay reference as I wouldn't mind a set of the holes (are front and rear the same size?)

They should go through the holes you have drilled, but not if you have a frame...then they are placed at right angles to the standoffs using screws to attach them.

Not so difficult is it?

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom