Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
just seen this :cool: ..... shame you're so far away or I'd bring mine :lol:

Robbierob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class C220 CL203 Coupe Evolution Edition 2003
That is a Lush job, I have had a few black cars in my time and when you can get the paint to pop like that its worth every second of time that you put in, your clay bars said it all she desperately needed that tlc that you gave her, I am not far embarking on my C220 in Jasper Blue, a one owner car from 2004 with only 77k on the clock only came out at weekends, I'm going to wait till the worst of the wet weather has passed first, will keep you up to date :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Nice one buddy , with pics please :p

david arthur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E200
That car looks amazing, my w211 is Obsidian Black, but looks nothing like that even though I baby it. That's real talent to be able to bring paint work up to that condition Carl
was it expensive ?

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Depends on what you call expensive.

If you just look at the overall cost it would probably seem so. But when you divide it against the no. of hours spent on the car then it's cheap.

The cost is based on size of vehicle and level of correction required. I always quote a maximum and aim to get it cheaper. If it should be more then I absorb the cost as it's my fault for not providing an accurate quote.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
****** gorgeous!
What a fantastic job, I wish to goodness I could do that to mine (without doing more damage than good)

Well done, keep on inspiring us all. :thumb:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Didnt realise a detail could render a "vehicle off road".

Its so shiny ... he cant possibly justify driving it "outside" !!!
It would be sacrilege, to get that car dirty now! :):):)

So go on ... how much do you charge to do that?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I know what mine cost to be detailed and it wasn't near as bad as that one....
However as Carl says...only expensive if you don't see the blemishes!
Annoyingly the bleeding seagull poo has caused a blemish on my ceramic coat- most wont see it (Carl would I bet!), I see it and that's the kind of thing I mean.
I am also getting a maintenance wash every 3 months but learning how to wash my car weekly in the correct way....

Aidan Carey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d avantgarde. 2010 w212
Lol!! Have a chat with yourself. I know i said good or bad comments but there's no need to try and be clever or offensive! It's not flat black :confused: it's Obsidian Black Metallic. Or is this not metal flake in the paint?

6daeb32a9bb2d3a663d2dfc9b89bfb08.jpg

Have a look at some of the other pics I post in the OP and you can quite clearly see it's metallic.
yes that guy is a bit ignorant.
the job you did on that car take a lot of time and know how. very well done.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
That is one impressive job, just getting black to look good is a mission IMHO. No way would I have the time to put in to get that level of clean, but I would love to !

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor ,2002
Thank you. :)

I wish I had too much time! I gave up my spare time to do the car as I'm building a portfolio to do this as a business in the future.

I try not to do more than 3 cars in any one month as it impacts on family time. But it all depends on what the owner wants doing. If it's a one day enhancement then I may do a little more. A job like this then I'll only do 2 at most.
Hi Carl, I have a black CL 55 AMG that I would like you to detail for me if you have the time. I live near Yarm so not that far away from you.

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Hi Carl, I have a black CL 55 AMG that I would like you to detail for me if you have the time. I live near Yarm so not that far away from you.

Good afternoon Dennis.

Thank you for asking. However as much as I would love to detail your car. I live and work overseas at the moment so it would be a tad far for you to bring the car! :D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG CL55 Kompressor ,2002
Good afternoon Dennis.

Thank you for asking. However as much as I would love to detail your car. I live and work overseas at the moment so it would be a tad far for you to bring the car! :D
Hi Carl, just noticed that your location is indeed the Middle East. That a shame will have to give it a go myself. Cheers

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Ive just bought this one, same colour, lots of optional extras..
The guy was as much a perfectionist as you, but he did it every week...
So a week of ownership later and I washed and polished it.. A very hard colour to get an even finish and I swear it was not as shiny as when I bought it... mb220 2.jpg mc220.jpg

OP
C350Carl

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Still looks very good.

Black is a hard colour to get right as it shows up any imperfections very easily in bright light.

It’s the same for most dark colours but black is by far the worst. But when you get it right then the result just makes the car look stunning.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Ive just bought this one, same colour, lots of optional extras..
The guy was as much a perfectionist as you, but he did it every week...
So a week of ownership later and I washed and polished it.. A very hard colour to get an even finish and I swear it was not as shiny as when I bought it... View attachment 44584 View attachment 44585
Looks lovely.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
This post appeared under "new posts" because it's just been updated - but it's a terrific tale to follow again and I'm so impressed, Carl it's absolutely terrific! After doing one of these you must ache in places you didn't know about...

But definitely, when the time arrives that you can stop running around deserts etc you'll be up for a very successful business.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom