Oh dear

SteveX

Reaction score
Went shooting, left the car in the layby today as the ground was very poor. Came back and someone had kindly smashed my number plate and plinth.

I'm not sure how they did it, the layby is on quite a hill so perhaps they rolled back, but the number plate wash smashed and the plinth is split, also a mark on the front bumper, but nothing major.

I was a bit miffed to say the least, I popped the bonnet and everything is good underneath, bumper is all ligning up etc so thats good.

I was driving home though, then realised after looking in the rear view mirror that the rear headrests had shot up. I thought it was a bit weird. I got home, reset them and everythings fine. How does the car detect an impact?

Looks like I am off to the dealer tomorrow to get some bits.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I had a spell of clay pigeon shooting a while ago.. I hadn't done it previously and I really enjoyed it.

Very sorry to here that your car had been moronized..
Yes there are some lovely people around !

Last edited:
OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
I had a spell of clay pigeon shooting a while ago.. I hadn't done it previously and I really enjoyed it.

Very sorry to here that your car had been moronized..
Yes there are some lovely people around !

It's good fun to get out in the fresh air and shoot some things :)

I guess I am pretty lucky that nothing else is seriously damaged, it just seems to be cosmetic really, a new plinth and number plate and it should look pretty much perfect. There is a small dent and scratch on the bumper right at the top of the number plate plinth.

There were very few marks on the car as it was, but a couple of previous touch up marks on the bumper, I guess it gives me an excuse to get it resprayed at some point.

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Damn, it's high time we begin to plant CCTV cameras everywhere even on the mountains, forests, bush paths, private areas, etc to apprehend these Idi*** who indulge in such activities. Gone are the days when people of right thinking minds would do something of such whether deliberate or through no fault of theirs, just for courtesy purposes, would leave their contact details on the windscreen for the owner of the vehicle to contact them. Hitting one's vehicle whether on purpose or inadvertent and leaving no contact details in return is an affront to one's personality and it boils me to the core to see people putting up such a flimsy attitude. F*** Article 8 of the Human Rights Act, especially when such people who know exactly what they are doing invoke it to circumvent justice.

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
Could have been, lucky there isn't more damage, I'm guessing someone either A) reversed into it by accident, or B) didn't get whatever in gear and rolled back.

There were a few cars behind me, but none with damage and nothing in front of me when I got back to the car!

I might have to put a camera on record next time I park there, well, actually, I won't be parking there again!

Top Bottom