oil change c220cdi w203

OP
M

mits

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi 2003 elegance/2x 91gto TT's/Harley fatboy
Yes the fuel lines are very common on these engines, I had a very slight leak near the diesel pump on mine so changed all 3. They can cause starting problems as they progress. Probably worth putting a new diesel filter in if you are changing the pipe from the diesel filter to the HP pump (fill it up with diesel first) and it will take a lot of cranking for it to fire up, just keep cranking to get the air out of the system don't do it in bursts.

Well I actually live in Lougborough, but I do work in Leicester :) Is yours a silver one as well :lol:

hi yes ive already replaced the diesel filter aswell and replaced the pipe leading off the top of the filter thats the first pipe that went wrong but whilst installing that one i disturbed the return pipe where the first pipe joins the engine at the front very silly design i think having those 2 pipes that close to each other in fact there resting onto each other i had to sort of prise one out the way to fit the first one i broke which in turn broke the other one so having to replace 2 pipes,
i did oil/air/fuel filters in all,
no mines light metallic blue elegance model:)

all ive got to do now is reset the assist (still not too clear on how to do this ):confused:i used castrol edge 5w-30 which i believe is mb229-5 so should be ok.

fredkrueger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Coupe C220 CDi W203
I run facelift C220 CDi Coupe and service it myself.
I have always used Castrol Edge for mercedes MB 229.3/5 I am a little over the top and the intervals around 8000 miles between A and B, my annual milage is around 12000. A is just oil and filter and B is same as A but fuel, air and pollen filters. Once the car is on ramps (have the long ones so the front valence is not caught) its easy to remove the covers and drain off the oil. I just hate not having a dipstick, if I refill the engine with one can of oil which is 4L I then just add half again then top up if required.

Koopa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 CDI W203 2004
same as fred, I use castrol edge 0w40 (C200 CDI)

OP
M

mits

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi 2003 elegance/2x 91gto TT's/Harley fatboy
hi all ok all service completed all diesel pipes replaced assist all reset to service B 13,000:):):)

thanks to everyone thats given me advice on this service been a great help,

i noticed on one of the new diesel pipes that it has been updated with a kink in it to avoid disturbing the diesel main feed from filter.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom