Oil / Fluid extractors

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
No limit switch, just keep a keen eye on it when raising it.
Once the trusses are cut I will fit a switch into the system, similar to the one at the floor which stops a few inches from the bottom and allow you to check there is nothing in the way that could get trapped
I'm just jealous, If I had that facility at home there would be no more domestic arguments as I would almost live in the garage

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Teabag, trust me when I say I've been told on numerous occasions that I will end up sleeping in the garage if I step out of line.

I think my bed will be in the attic :shock:

P1030322.jpg

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
Teabag, trust me when I say I've been told on numerous occasions that I will end up sleeping in the garage if I step out of line.

I think my bed will be in the attic :shock:

P1030322.jpg
Looks Quiet and peaceful, absolute bliss

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the line-up now that the V-Class is sold

P1030495.jpg

The drive has to be resurfaced and I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet so it can wait until next year

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Love your garage very nice what else can one say :D:D

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I am soooo jealous!
We have a large garage but its full of junk !
Blimey to have yer own post lift.. "One day all garages will be this way"

On a different subject, I would not be surprised if you were a Virgo.. They are very tidy and usually perfectionist..:)

OP
M

maverick1984

Reaction score
Ok well i am going to buy one. I have narrowed it down to between a PELA 650 or a SEALEY TP69.

Any reccomendations and also can someone point me in the right direction of where to purchase from cheap?

Also thanks to simonarius for his messages and information.

Last edited:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
This is the line-up now that the V-Class is sold

P1030495.jpg

The drive has to be resurfaced and I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet so it can wait until next year

Just wondering why you didn't put the lift in the middle and give yourself space all around it?

Also, re the filing cabinet in the loft - a full filing cabinet is approx 200Kg - a lot of weight in a small area. At my wife's place they had to move a row of them from the middle of the office to the edge as the floor below was distorting.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was originally going to put a pit in the end bay as the ground naturally drops at that side but once the hole was excavated it started filling with water, so that idea was dropped and the hole was filled in.
The concrete has to be 10" thick for the ramp and 6" for the rest of the floor and the easiest way to do this was keep the end bay for the ramp. The picture doesn't really show the space at the side of the ramp but there is about 3' between the Range Rover side and the wall so plenty space for working. This allows the other 2 bays to be wide enough to allow me to get in and out without having to worry about damaging the vehicles.

The filing cabinet is storage for light items only, bulbs, dusters etc so not a problem with the weight distribution

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Ok well i am going to buy one. I have narrowed it down to between a PELA 650 or a SEALEY TP69.

Any recommendations and also can someone point me in the right direction of where to purchase from cheap?

Also thanks to simonarius for his messages and information.

Mine is the 6.5 litre version in the link below...
The PELA comes with 2 different diameter pipes, though I tend to use the narrow one by default...

http://www.cdet.co.uk/catalogue/pelapumps.asp

I doubt very much that you will regret your purchase BUT I advise you keep it quiet from your friends or else they will be queuing up to borrow it..:)

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Don't wish to muddy the waters further, but if you have a workshop air compressor then an air operated fluid extractor can be a real boon.

I have this one and use it for all oil changes. Simple, effective, rapid and no effort required.

Good for brake bleeding too.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
me too anti, the advantage is that it just keeps on sucking even when it is pulling some air in. the manual ones need much pumping in this scenario, but the pneumatics get on with it while i have a cuppa.

Last edited:

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
unless you got smart and you have no choice

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
back in the day, a "friend" of mine used to use a gallon of diesel to flush the engine oil, never heard of this done by anyone else, is it frowned upon?

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
i got one from snap on works great on mercs just have to make sure oil is HOT and sucks it out no problem

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
back in the day, a "friend" of mine used to use a gallon of diesel to flush the engine oil, never heard of this done by anyone else, is it frowned upon?

With modern oils there should be no need to flush the system. Tolerances today are much tighter than they were years ago and if you use a flushing oil or diesel you run the risk of contaminated oil going through the oilways and causing a blockage or even worse

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom