MB Shep71

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Avantgarde Estate 2003
Hi. I am brand new to this forum however i have owned my merc for aprox 3 years.

Last week i got the oil sensor faulty message on my dash and the car began to enter limp mode. Then later that day it dissapeared. Then it came back.

So i changed the sensor...£100 plus vat none the less!

Worked ok for about half a mile then the sensor message came back.

Oil sensor faulty visit workshop.....?

My mechanic has had a look into it and reckons now it could be the sensor module?

Does anyone know what that is? Or has anyone had this same problem. It was entering limp mode randomly over the last few days. Now the engine management light is back on ....again....and its in constant limp mode..

The engine is great. It runs great. You know your own car don't you! Its just been serviced ..brand new oil and gear oil too plus all te filters etc etc.

I am literally pulling my hair out. My mechanic got the fault codes and is looking into it..I am just angry i may have wasted 120 quid as obviously it may not have been the sensor i changed but this...sensor module which is faulty...whatever it is??

ANY ADVICE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS AS I AM AT MY WITS END.......

Thanks,

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom