Oily carbon build-up

Sara9384

Reaction score
Hi, I have a CD220 which over the last couple of days noticed a slight burning smell from inside the car. On investigation noticed around the base of the fuel line into the fuel injector there was a mass of a tar like substance. I removed this and then the car had trouble starting, would start but was missing a little then would cut out. I noticed from where I had taken the carbon there was now air blowing out and a ticking noise.

As you can probably tell by my observations I am mechanically challenged!! Any help/ideas to what this problem is would be greatly appreciated.:D

Thank you
Sara

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
The injector seal has failed, the injector needs to be removed, new stretch bolt and clamp and seal, everything has to be cleaned, easy job when you know how but its the cleaning that takes the time.

I use mr muscle oven cleaned and a power wash, the top of the engine comes up really clean.
jib

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom