Old EIS ignition switch units

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Or Mercedes key replacement place. Ask that forum members get a decent discount on donated units?

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Pm incoming...

cmrrsn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG
Are old units of any use to anyone? I have been throwing them away!
Hi I remember an article regarding the Mercedes R230 EIS switch being faulty causing SRS light/ roll over bar light/ no wipers/ no heated cooling seats........ My SL55 amg has had 3 EIS switches from manufacture, and I have only covered 40k miles. The dealership did not have a clue back in 2007 when the first one was eventually replaced under warranty by instruction from Mercedes technical, after they had replaced a number of other items. I am reluctant to buy another as they are only lasting 13k miles, and after speaking to a couple of companies who are sure they can fix this issue, giving a lifetime warranty on the repaired EIS, I am tempted. Did you ever try getting these repaired, or heard of any success stories. One repairer actually spoke of the terminal 15, that led me to believe he has had experience with this issue.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom