OM651 E220 2014 - Oil leak under load?

Christopher Martino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014 2.2
Hi,

I've got a strange issue. My E220 had it's timing chain/guides done (full engine removal) along with a new clutch and flywheel a few weeks ago, since then it's developed an oil leak.

I've ruled out crankshaft oil seal, and the cam case gasket has been replaced too. The oil leak seams to be coming from above the gearbox to either the left or the right hand side, it's hard to tell.

It won't leak if its left sat idling, doesn't matter how long you leave, or how high you keep the engine RPM it's only when its being driven for some reason, and its fairly heavy when it is driven, pools in the under trays etc.

Anybody have any experience on similar symptoms etc? The garage who carried out he work have been great, but we're having a bit of trouble locating the leak, I was hoping some of you gurus on here may have had similar symptoms or could perhaps pass an opinion on what you may think be causing it?

Thanks for your time.

Chris

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Would have been thinking turbo inlet seals if you hadn’t mentioned no dripping whilst idling, however the guys who did your timing chain and sprockets would be experienced enough to check that surely.
Definetely oil?

OP
C

Christopher Martino

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014 2.2
Would have been thinking turbo inlet seals if you hadn’t mentioned no dripping whilst idling, however the guys who did your timing chain and sprockets would be experienced enough to check that surely.
Definetely oil?

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, it's definitely oil. centre undertray was swimming in it, along with all along the bottom of the sump and front engine brace, it's not obvious where it's coming from.

They're still investigating, I think one of the mechanics is going to drive it home and see.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
Excessive crankcase pressure caused by blocked breather, or maybe they have left something out or just reassembled it wrong...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom