Option 011 Headlight assistant?

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
:D
Just to be clear, when I put the lights to auto and then select full beam with the stalk.The blue "full beam" indicator will show, then if somethng comes in the other direction the headlights will go to dipped and the blue indicator goes off?.

Not quite. :D :D :D When you put stalk to "Full beam" nothing will happen for a while, then IF there are no cars in front AND no cars opposite AND (on mine) the speed is greater than ca. 60 kph THEN Bingo: headlights
( I think it also switches to dipped if it detects street lighting, but I'm not sure about that).

And I presume that the Headlight assistant should be activated.

Seems complicated, but it's not really. Well, not complicated to use ;)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
EPC shows SA code 011 for the 219 is "Road Test W67" (no idea what that means either!)

PM me your VIN and I'll double check?

M

mannikon

Curious

Intrigued by this Option 011 Headlight Assistant, it's in my data card for a 2002 W211 (reg 2003) and have seen in in data cards in forums for a 2004 car and a 2005 car. As that article linked above says it was being introduced in 2009. So perhaps it is simply the Auto Headlights? Confusing to me is the use of the word "Option", many so-called "options" may be standard items. My manual doesn't show an asterisk by the entry for Auto lights so should be standard. Could 011 in pre-2008 cars simply be the convenience option to leave headlights on after switching off engine? Curious about other items on my W211 data card but will start another thread if I draw blanks in forums.

Peter
SE London
W201 2.0 (gone)
W124 300E-24 non-cat
W211 E320 CDI AV

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom