Optional WindScreen..is it worth getting?

Guinness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet, 2002
Hello, I am new to the Forum, but am the new owner of a pristine CLK320 Cabriolet. Bought this very low mileage 2002 model a few weeks ago, and hoping for some better weather to drop the top a little more. I have a question with regards to acquiring the optional windscreen. First of all does it make enough difference in rear wind turbulence to be of value? Secondly, does the screen that slides under the rear seat hook onto the optional screen that fits behind the front seats? And finally, where on earth would be the best place to buy one, other than ordering from the MB dealer?
Thanks for your advice, there will bound to be more questions :wink:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes without doubt they are worth having, they take away all of the buffering that can set up, making it much more pleasant on motorways.

You can get them on Ebay, but a member here bought a very nice perspex one, it is on the forum somewhere.

Welcome to the forum

OP
G

Guinness

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet, 2002
I will snoop around the forum a bit, and see how well the Search Engine works.
I assume 'perspex' is an aftermarket option provider? Just the UK, or over here in the 'colonies' ??

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Original MB offering is black net at £500!

I didn't think these were options but part of the original factory spec.

I would imagine the perspex (solid plastic) version would set up some vibrations / buffeting itself.

Ebay is you best bet for the OEM version

DougCLK320

Reaction score
Definitely worth getting one.
If you don't use the rear seats very often, you can leave it insitu perminently, folding the top section down/up as required. It's a five minute job to install otherwise, easier with the hood down.
Removes the wind buffeting and noise, making 85+ cruising an un-buffeted delight. I detect a noticeable improvement in fuel consumption too, compared with top down without the deflector.
I bought mine through e-bay and it was an unused pukka factory one and I paid just over a hundred pounds delivered. There seems to be a lot available as its the sort of thing that is specified but never used and is also the sort of thing people hang onto after the car's been sold / returned.
If you can get one for a similar price to mine I'd recommend you buy it.
Doug

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom