Over heating?

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
Ok last one for me today! Thanks to everyone to date for all the help

Last week it started to tip over 80 and now today it reached the 3/4 mark I let the car idle for a little bit and drove a bit lighter and that dropped it down around normal. I'm not 100% that the fans at the front of the rad kicked in but I could be wrong.

I plan on doing a rad flush tomorrow (pending weather) any other suggestions to check or look out for at the same time?

Coolant level is all fine, and there are no leaks that I can see in any of the pipe work (or see under the car) although its still hot now after not driving it since 4:45?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Visco engine fans come on after about 87º C after the thermostat has opened. All electric rad fans com on at 100ºc or a little over and turn off between 107ºC and 110ºC depend on if you have the single,2 stage or 3 stage cooling

OP
C

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
Stupid question how do I find out what i got? The car is getting really warm now, im flushing the rad today to see if that will help with the problem and go from there

My gage is getting around 90-100 deg mark now is holding there but is this something thats normal or should I just get it checked?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is a year thing as to what you have and have the visco fan up front on the engine,,is that speeding up to full power at around 87c.

There is a known fault on the early cars in that the rads can clog and a replacement rad was fitted. If you are going to flush it out do remove the bottom hose and top so that you can flush out the block as well.

The MB coolant anti freeze is part number type KFM type 30

Top Bottom