P0685 relay 87 open circuit with a relay ticking

Aty25merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 coupe 2013
Good evening I have Mercedes c220 w204 2013 basically I’ve got a code popping up P0685 relay 87 open circuit comes up as there’s a relay clicking once cars off and the intake motor flap clicks whilst the relay clicks it’s not rapid clicks.. eco works sometimes and radio is in anti theft mode all happened same time after dpf remap ecu crd3.1
Been to an electrician who thinks the front Sam might need flashing and updating help from you guys would really be appreciated

VinDeisel29

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 update E250CDI Estate
Good evening I have Mercedes c220 w204 2013 basically I’ve got a code popping up P0685 relay 87 open circuit comes up as there’s a relay clicking once cars off and the intake motor flap clicks whilst the relay clicks it’s not rapid clicks.. eco works sometimes and radio is in anti theft mode all happened same time after dpf remap ecu crd3.1
Been to an electrician who thinks the front Sam might need flashing and updating help from you guys would really be appreciated
I have the exact same problem on my E250cdi, how did you fix it

gaby's

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 w212 2012

I have the same problem after remap. I'll really appreciate if you can give me a hint of how you sort out

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I have the same problem after remap. I'll really appreciate if you can give me a hint of how you sort out
Take it back, get them to flash it back to stock, and then take it somwhere that actually knows the ECU's and doesn't just flash files they find from the internet.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Take it back, get them to flash it back to stock, and then take it somwhere that actually knows the ECU's and doesn't just flash files they find from the internet.
Where’s the fun in that excellent advice…:rolleyes::p

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Where’s the fun in that excellent advice…:rolleyes::p
You can certainly keep guessing and faffing with it :p

We had a Viano in that was sending is round the wall.

Turns out, somebody had faffed with it a few months ago, and deleted all the fault codes related to MAF monitoring, so its been going into limp mode and not triggering the fault. Software update and immediately 20 fault codes showed up.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You can certainly keep guessing and faffing with it :p

We had a Viano in that was sending is round the wall.

Turns out, somebody had faffed with it a few months ago, and deleted all the fault codes related to MAF monitoring, so its been going into limp mode and not triggering the fault. Software update and immediately 20 fault codes showed up.
A little knowledge and “developer mode“ is a very bad thing…:eek:

gj13w204

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 W204 c220cdi auto
I am having exactly same issue after remap for dpf delete. Has anyone sorted out this? Much appreciated if anyone could help me with.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am having exactly same issue after remap for dpf delete. Has anyone sorted out this? Much appreciated if anyone could help me with.
Hello and welcome,

The advice in post #4 above is probably the best

Redfaced

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 2011 coupe c250 Cdi blueeffiency sport+
Has this been resolved cos I have the same issue except the garage has coded the fault not to trigger the eml for this fault code. The relay keeps clicking and I can feel the throttle actuator and another butterfly value at the rear of the engine clicking in sync with the relay. Additionally the stop/start doesn't work, the HOLD function for the brakes doesn't work, the lights stay on after locking car and anti theft occasionally appears on center console screen. The car was in garage for dpf issues and air leaks originally. They think the throttle actuator is at fault cos it had previously shown codes for high voltage on it but when they unplugged the throttle actuator the clicking carried on. Additionally when they fitted a new air intake manifold they cracked the fuel filter housing which emptied the coolant so is it possible that this would have shorted something underneath?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom