'P1070' is Back!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 1.8 C180K Coupe (CL203)
Hi all.
I have a frustrating problem & was wondering if anyone has an idea as to what it could be.

My car is a 2006 (56 plate) C180K Coupe. It's consistently returning 35 - 37 mpg, has no 'stutters' & runs smoothly. There are no apparent idling problems etc.

I get the "trim bank 1 low" code show up on my OBD II. This occurs around every 2 -3 weeks of driving (I reset the code). Most of my driving is to & from work etc., travelling about 25 miles each way on an open road (steady driving & not much traffic). However, when I drive around town (stop start, slow speed stuff), the code can pop up within a few hours of resetting.

The car is well looked after, serviced regularly by myself. In the time I've had the car (3 years) I have changed the MAF (Bosch), both O2 Sensors (can't remember, but they were £70ish each?) & checked the hoses for cracks (non apparent). Since this recent problem has surfaced I've checked the hoses again but can't find any sign of possible cracks or leaks, so I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the code to show.

Because of how it shows up (i.e. quicker with slow town driving, but less so with long journeys) I'm wondering if one of the O2 sensors has become bad? If so, which one? Or could something that I'm missing be causing the problem?

Any advice or comments would be most welcome. In the meantime I'll start trawling through the other threads to see if anything gives me a possible answer.

Top Bottom