P2454 Code Help Please

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I wont be able to do it myself. Ill have to leave it to the garage! Unless someone can provide me with the document? Will it not need a flash of the ECU afterwards?

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I wont be able to do it myself. Ill have to leave it to the garage! Unless someone can provide me with the document? Will it not need a flash of the ECU afterwards?

No need to flash the ECU, just clear the fault code and if required, regen the DPF.

No one will supply you the document because it is intellectual property accessed only by subscription. Unless you find a rogue copy online.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Wi
No need to flash the ECU, just clear the fault code and if required, regen the DPF.

No one will supply you the document because it is intellectual property accessed only by subscription. Unless you find a rogue copy online.
Wish I knew how to do it. Would do it myself.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI

Hi Steve,

Car is booked in tomorrow.
Told the guy the issue, he is adamant that the sensor needs changing and then the wiring, maybe not the wiring though according to him.
He has quoted me £185+VAT for parts and labour to resolve.
I had to be careful as I didnt want to sound like I was telling him to suck eggs, but I think thats a fair price to sort out, isnt it?

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
So have had the var fixed.

Apparently it needed the modified wiring, and also the sensor...???

Also,was advia that thr DPF soot content was 100%, so they have managed to get it down to around 40%.

Will give it a proper run next week.

Also, how can I check which wiring has been done and where?

Thanks

Diddles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2007 1.8
The wiring is a plug on the back of the air box. The sensor has two small hoses coming off it. A new plug with look would have been spliced into the wiring loom. The sensor might have been replaced with a newer version which starts with a 642 part number.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom