P2454 Code Help Please

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Hi all,

On the W204 2.1 CDI 2010, got the EML come on and feels like the car is holding back.

Was advised DLF probably full, do had codes cleared once, it came back again.

Took it for a good drive in low gear high revs and normal driving.

Have had light cleared again, it's off for now but still feels a bit held back.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
steve, you say that. when i came back to france xmas last with another a170cdi the car would not kick down or downshift by itself ,its auto ,to the point that i thought i might actualy come to a stop on some hills and i had concerns about getting home,in france, anyway i did get home. the next morning i put the laptop on ,to my horror there were three pages of recoded issues . i saved those pages then cleared all the faults .went for a drive and shock, it has not failed to down shift either by itself or with right boot since ,around 200 km later. i dont know why but thats how it is.. didnt even open the tool box!!

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
It's come up with P2454.

Reading internet it says the DPF Sensor Low Voltage. Does that mean the sensor is knackered? I have located it and considering replacement, but just wanted you guys expert views first.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
There is a tips document to repair a section of wiring harness due to fluctuating resistances affecting the sensor.

It also says not to replace the sensor!!

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
steve, you say that. when i came back to france xmas last with another a170cdi the car would not kick down or downshift by itself ,its auto ,to the point that i thought i might actualy come to a stop on some hills and i had concerns about getting home,in france, anyway i did get home. the next morning i put the laptop on ,to my horror there were three pages of recoded issues . i saved those pages then cleared all the faults .went for a drive and shock, it has not failed to down shift either by itself or with right boot since ,around 200 km later. i dont know why but thats how it is.. didnt even open the tool box!!

Then you were lucky. Nothing more!!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Then you were lucky. Nothing more!!

v happy to be lucky. tink that prob why car with yr mot and fairly clean ,good tyres was 100ukp. but would be nice to understand how the issue went away .

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
There is a tips document to repair a section of wiring harness due to fluctuating resistances affecting the sensor.

It also says not to replace the sensor!!
Where is this tips document mate?

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
???

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
You will need someone to access the TIPs system for you. So you will need to book in somewhere that has access to it. TIPs documents are considered intellectual property which you access on subscription. Each print out comes with the ID of the operator printed on it and access will be revoked if its found in the public domain. Most indies will have access to it.

Funnily enough I did one of these wiring loom jobs yesterday.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I was chatting to a guy earlier, an ex Merc mechanic, he reckons it could be down to bad fuel. We did buy fuel from an non-named garage last week (it was very cheap) and the light seemed to come on well within days of fueling, may be coincidence.

He asked me to use all the fuel, stick an injector cleaner through it and then on next fuel use V-Power, and use V-power at least 1 in 4 refuels. He said it will take a few good runs and refuels for it to clear the system?

Could there be some truth in this?

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
The orange EML light is also currently on and the car is down on power/holding back.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I can't see "bad fuel" throwing the dash eml light ?

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
I was chatting to a guy earlier, an ex Merc mechanic, he reckons it could be down to bad fuel. We did buy fuel from an non-named garage last week (it was very cheap) and the light seemed to come on well within days of fueling, may be coincidence.

He asked me to use all the fuel, stick an injector cleaner through it and then on next fuel use V-Power, and use V-power at least 1 in 4 refuels. He said it will take a few good runs and refuels for it to clear the system?

Could there be some truth in this?

No truth at all. If it had bad fuel it would misfire first and store a misfire fault code or store a fuel self adaption fault. But you are pulling DPF fault codes.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Ill need to get it onto a diagnosis machine.

Is it most likely that sensor though? I had a fiddle with it, it seems a pain in the arse to take off also.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Funnily enough I did one of these wiring loom jobs yesterday.

Is it hard job to do? Will most indie's be able to do it? What sort of cost am I looking at?

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I have rang a couple of local Indie's and will get it to them hopefully by the weekend.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Ill need to get it onto a diagnosis machine.

Is it most likely that sensor though? I had a fiddle with it, it seems a pain in the arse to take off also.

The document says - do not replace the sensor!!

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I rang up WDM, he said the usual, we need to get it onto the machine, diagnose it, but when I mentioned to him what it was he knew straight away about the common wiring fault. He did also say that he would need to change the sensor....!!! Problem is, I cant go in there and tell him how to do his job. I hope common sense prevails and he practices what he preaches, as in good service and good skill.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom