1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paintwork on new(ish) A class - Help?

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by jlward94, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jlward94

jlward94 New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    a class 2015
    Has anyone ever come across white marks like this on a car before?

Purchased the car last month, and after a wash or two they've popped up. I'm not sure if the wash has revealed a botched paint job or it's chemical stains, either way it's not coming off.

I used a car wash I've used for years and never had an issue with any car, and it's localized just to my driver side front door so.

Could do with knowing what it is so I know what to do next (t-cut or take it back to dealer and kick off)

Attached Files:

2. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    Hello and welcome,

The previous owner could have used some colour match polish to disguise any marks. This polish then comes off after a few washes...

3. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather. And no AMG badges !!
    I had to do that with a BMW 3 Series I had a while back. Yes, I know bad language and all that. But it was a dark metallic blue and the Colour Match Polish hid it nicely :)

4. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    This is an issue that automated car washes come across quite a lot as new owners come back to complain that the car wash has damaged the paintwork on their (new to them) car when in reality the marks were already there and the wash has just exposed them.

Some better pictures would be beneficial