Parent and Toddler Parking.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I was thinking you could get a blow up small child to put on the front seat to circumnavigate the restrictions.

On the other hand that might not be the greatest idea ever and shopping for it might get you a knock at the door.

Still the internet did provide ;

51PWuxhsEWL.jpg

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
I look on parent parking as a good thing, it rounds them all up in one place and I can park well away from them :D

New estates wise, its not so much the garage size (few use them for more than storage even if the car fits), its the lack of off street parking and narrow roads to cram as much in which really cause the issues. The cars park on the pavements, making it difficult for pedestrians, and the road would only be wide enough for a fire engine with no cars parked on it. Planning consent shouldn't be given in this day for such estates, but unfortunately it is and they take advantage to get those extra houses in.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The government positively encourages this density it is them not the developer who is at fault.

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
Our Smart would fit (but due to the design of the doors you still wouldn't get out). We converted ours to a home cinema room.

the garage or the smart car?????

PS does taking my wife and her mother shopping allow me to use parent and child spaces. i think it does!!

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I parked in a car park the other evening. Three clear spaces and I picked the middle one. As I'm walking back to my car another motorist pulled into the bay to the left of mine. Not a problem except they weren't straight. Sort of turned in from an angle on right hand lock.

As I'm walking back to the car with just one bag of shopping, I operated the remote which put on the fog lamps and interiors, thinking, "If they're tight on getting out [the door] they'll let me move first".

Not a chance. I'm in the car, reverse selected, and the driver gets out. I'm easing back, about to clout their arse with the mirror, and they then open a rear door for a passenger to get out. Wassuck! If they had waited just ten seconds then I would have been away and gone. Why do these type of people not comprehend how life could be so much simpler if they could understand their surroundings and react to them accordingly.

It can't be a lack of education. It has to be a culture of "Me first".:rolleyes:
You can just imagine how these types must behave on the road, zero distance to the car in front, jumping red lights....

Mercedes SL500 R231

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I sat in a queue at Costco to get fuel and after a 5 minute wait parked at a pump where the guy in the next lane was sitting in the drivers seat. I assumed he'd filled up & was ready to leave, but after I'd filled the whole tank from empty he was still sitting there.
A woman pulled up behind him obviously thinking he was about to leave, eventually giving him a toot of the horn to show she's waiting behind him, at which point he got out of his car, gave her a look and proceeded to start filling his car up!
The wife told me he was sitting at the pumps on his phone even though there was a long queue for fuel.
Wow, not supposed to use your phone in petrol stations so a double fault.

Mercedes SL500 R231

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Wow, not supposed to use your phone in petrol stations so a double fault.

Mercedes SL500 R231
Have you seen that Shell stations are going to be putting a system in place to pay with your phone at the pump. I asked the attendant about it and the sign with no mobiles on. I had a blank look in return...

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Have you seen that She’ll stations are going to be putting a system in place to pay with your phone at the pump. I asked the attendant about it and the sign with no mobiles on. I had a blank look in return...
I think BP have the same system but they ask you to use your mobile inside the car.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I think BP have the same system but they ask you to use your mobile inside the car.
It’s funny isn’t it. The whole “no mobiles” thing stems from an unexplained fire at a filling station in New York in the early 90s. The most palatable explanation of cause was EM radiation from a cellular call inducing a spark (somehow!) and that was accepted, then promulgated worldwide. There has not been a single documented filling station fire due to a cellphone... and that’s according to the Petroleum Equipment Institute, who you may think would have a vested interest in this sort of thing..!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It’s funny isn’t it. The whole “no mobiles” thing stems from an unexplained fire at a filling station in New York in the early 90s. The most palatable explanation of cause was EM radiation from a cellular call inducing a spark (somehow!) and that was accepted, then promulgated worldwide. There has not been a single documented filling station fire due to a cellphone... and that’s according to the Petroleum Equipment Institute, who you may think would have a vested interest in this sort of thing..!
In the 90’s you could get 10W transportable phones, we're 1/4W now...

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Never understood how it is ok to carry but not use a mobile at the filling station, radio waves are permanently present everywhere these days, another case of the World gone mad.

Mercedes SL500 R231

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Never understood how it is ok to carry but not use a mobile at the filling station, radio waves are permanently present everywhere these days, another case of the World gone mad.

Mercedes SL500 R231
If you remember they used to have antennas as well, until radiation was a bad thing then all mobiles lost their visible antennas so they’re safe now... :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
In the 90’s you could get 10W transportable phones, we're 1/4W now...
Plus UHF/ VHF Radio is still legal to use at a filling station, and what power would you like for them? :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I must confess I got yelled at by a cashier in a Sainsbury's fuel station once for taking a business call, I quickly told the other end would call them back, hung up the phone and made a point of putting it down on the pump itself a holding up my hands to show compliance. In fact this was far more dangerous due to the handset heat than using it in my hand but not legislated against in their rules so they seemed happy.

Mercedes SL500 R231

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Have to admit I used the parent and toddler parking at our local Morrison’s yesterday, so easy with getting the pram in position and set up ready for the LO, mind you I did have to have a go a 3 separate people using them for no other reason than it’s closer to the door, one elderly couple, and two single guys. One of the younger guys tried to have a go back saying that I had no right to say anything as I was clearly there one my own, he was less mouthy when I pointed out the empty pram next to the rear of my car and the interior light on with my wife breastfeeding our 16 day old child.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
There will always be selfish or lazy drivers taking a disabled or Parent and toddler parking spot without meeting either criteria.
They are probably like that with everything in life, taking advantage of something they aren't entitled to. I believe in Karma:D

I have to do the school run a couple of times a week to pick up my grandson. You wouldn't believe the selfish and dangerous parking that goes on to get close to the school gates. This in spite of a car park being available.

If I think of it, I'll take a few photos of empty cars parked across other peoples driveways, half on the pavement, on double yellow lines and literally on the corner of a road.The council parking camera car visits regularly but doesn't put anyone off. Next day they are back.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There will always be selfish or lazy drivers taking a disabled or Parent and toddler parking spot without meeting either criteria.
They are probably like that with everything in life, taking advantage of something they aren't entitled to. I believe in Karma:D

I have to do the school run a couple of times a week to pick up my grandson. You wouldn't believe the selfish and dangerous parking that goes on to get close to the school gates. This in spite of a car park being available.

If I think of it, I'll take a few photos of empty cars parked across other peoples driveways, half on the pavement, on double yellow lines and literally on the corner of a road.The council parking camera car visits regularly but doesn't put anyone off. Next day they are back.
You need to realise that their Tarquin and Chlamydia are THE most important and have to be driven in a Q7 (or larger 4c4) and dropped off on the zig zags with the engine left running and the park anywhere lights on.

The fact that they’re endangering the lives of every other parent and child never seems to cross their brain cell. I suppose the one benefit is you don’t get to see them for as long in their pyjamas when they park so close to the gates.

I used to park 200yds away and walk when we lived 4 miles from school. I’d also talk to the ignoramus’s on the way back about their lack of thought for their fellow man. Sometimes I got through to them when I mentioned to them how would they feel if by their actions they’d indirectly hurt or killed another child. Mostly they were too engrossed in their own lives to think about anyone else. Very sad state of affairs.

denchen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 B180d W247
Some of them `toddlers` are a lot fitter than I am, but I`m not a registered disabled. Some look to an old wrinkly like me, look as though a good walk would do them good.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You need to realise that their Tarquin and Chlamydia are THE most important and have to be driven in a Q7 (or larger 4c4) and dropped off on the zig zags with the engine left running and the park anywhere lights on.

The fact that they’re endangering the lives of every other parent and child never seems to cross their brain cell. I suppose the one benefit is you don’t get to see them for as long in their pyjamas when they park so close to the gates.

I used to park 200yds away and walk when we lived 4 miles from school. I’d also talk to the ignoramus’s on the way back about their lack of thought for their fellow man. Sometimes I got through to them when I mentioned to them how would they feel if by their actions they’d indirectly hurt or killed another child. Mostly they were too engrossed in their own lives to think about anyone else. Very sad state of affairs.

You forgot the rest of the chav uniform hair rollers, spray tan, tattoo's and a blinged up phone, the children are best described as accessories to the lifestyle and from conception (back of skip outside spoon's) to the purchase of the most expensive baby stroller onwards they are there to reflect upon.
A rounded meal is a maccy d's and a sunday lunch is a KFC, life revolves around bookface, reality tv and online petitions.

worry not underneath the radar are many parents making an effort working hard and instilling their children with goodness.

If we get below the snowflakes there are a lot of decent people who respect the law and democracy.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom