Parking sensors issue post grille swap

AColby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 2018 facelift convertible
Hi all,
I have a 2018 (facelift) C43 and have recently changed the front grille. The weather in UK has been awful of late and I have noticed that my parking sensors are no longer working. When I start the car and put into reverse all sensors flash red around the car on the centre screen and then they fully turn off. I have since removed the bumper and checked that all wires are connected up, however, some moisture has managed to get into the fixture sat behind the right front wheel arch. Once dried out, the parking sensors work again until the next time it rains. I can’t understand how moisture is getting in to the fitment located behind the front right wheel arch. Does anyone have a fix for this in order to prevent this happening again, is there a part I can replace to avoid moisture getting in? My car is under warranty but I’m unsure whether it will be covered due to changing my front grille. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

Just before I traded my last Merc C207 E350 coupe, I noticed that the parking sensors would occasionally (about 10% of the time) flash red on start up and give a continual audio alert, Ths swould go away after a fer minutes and the system would work flawlwssly after that. I don't think this is an expesivep roblem to fix.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
sunroof or windscreen drains blocked up.... leaf litter, blossom, pollen and such builds up. With our every damper weather it seem to be getting far worse

on my S class these drain down the inside of the wheel arch trim, can you dry it out, check the seal on the multiplug, re do the connection with some ACF50 and then put it in a bag and tape it up with the wires pointing downhill, and try to stop driving through 6" puddles at mach 10 ?

OP
A

AColby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi all, so the fixture I was speaking about is the multi plug (the one which needs unplugging to remove the bumper). I have removed the panel in front of the front right wheel and unplugged the multi-plug. I then used a compressed air duster to dry out all the small plug sockets and it is working fine again. I will look into bagging up the plug in order to keep the moisture out in future!

OP
A

AColby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The multi-plug is now bagged up so fingers crossed that’ll keep it dry going forwards. Will just have to be careful when driving abroad, as if my car gets randomly searched, it’s a rather suspicious looking thing! 5CB0AD30-282D-4C10-8A4E-CAEE5E5F3833.jpeg

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
I wish I had requested a photo of the plug showing the cables going into it.
From what you remember, was there some sort of a water-proofing sealant around each wire..?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom