Parktronic/Park Assist - Any Good?

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
My forthcoming new MB (A Class) will have parktronic/park assist (not sure exactly what the difference is, but its the device which supposedly allows you to parallel park with the car doing the steering).

This will be new to me and would be interested to hear how useful/effective this is. When the chips are down I am not sure I will have the confidence to let the car 'take over'.:)

morrison60

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class 180CDI auto
Park Assist

Hi,
I have an A class with Park Assist it's excellent and not to be afraid of, find a quite street with good spaces between cars and no following traffic and have a practice,you will soon be quite confident of the system. Remember YOU have control if you touch the brake, Steering Wheel or if Manual the clutch the system will abort. Parking on the right needs the indicator to be on but works well.Just remember your nose can swing out so watch for following traffic. Enjoy

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom