Parktronic retrofit coding

ccp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C270CDI avantgarde
Just finished installing a parktronic retrofit kit (proper MB one - rear sensors only) to my C class, put the fuse into the rear SAM and it all sprang into life :D

This begs a question about coding - MB WIS says / infers that some coding of modules using STAR will be needed to make the parktronic work, but this kit all appears to be working despite the car never having had "proper" parktronic before.

Do I need to do the coding or will all be well without further work?

N

npuk

The rear only kit isnt Parktronic, it is Quick Park. It doesnt need coding.

OP
C

ccp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C270CDI avantgarde
Thanks npuk - that explains why its working & the box the kit came in does call it Quickpark.

The reason for the question was that the WIS instructions for the Quickpark retrofit state that the installer should perform parktronic module coding when the retrofit is done. I guess if it's working then it will probably stay working.

frstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 CDI W211 Estate
How did fitting go and what was the cost?

Am currently considering buying an E class estate (w211 facelift) that does not have parktronic, which my wife would very much like to have. I suspect that rear-only would be fine for us and would rather a MB system than some aftermarket system, although aftermarket (audio-only) might be fine (and much cheaper).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Am currently considering buying an E class estate (w211 facelift) that does not have parktronic, which my wife would very much like to have. I suspect that rear-only would be fine for us and would rather a MB system than some aftermarket system, although aftermarket (audio-only) might be fine (and much cheaper).

Let us know what you choose and how it goes please :D:D

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
What was the part number of your kit?

I've found two different and not sure about the difference:B67823812 (same as ebay link above), but in ebay there is only 4 sensors while here I'm getting "Park assistance" which I assume including also the front sensors. With some search I found also part number B67823968 which directs to the quick park?

N

npuk

Plenty of good aftermarkets kits about like Steelmate and Laserline. IMO save your money and get one of those, nothing special about the QuickPark.

OP
C

ccp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C270CDI avantgarde
OP
C

ccp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C270CDI avantgarde
What was the part number of your kit?

I've found two different and not sure about the difference:B67823812 (same as ebay link above), but in ebay there is only 4 sensors while here I'm getting "Park assistance" which I assume including also the front sensors. With some search I found also part number B67823968 which directs to the quick park?

The part number of my kit was B67823805. Its labelled as being for a CL203 which accorcing to wikipedia is the C Class coupe but the instructions for bumper drilling include details for the CLK (209).

Apart from the price I don't know what the difference between the two kits your links point to is - The label on the box my kit came in describes it as both "Quickpark" and "Park Assistance" I think these names are related to the language in use - the photo shows the label. I suspect the cheaper one may be buzzer only and not include the display - but don't quote me on this. The WIS installation instructions for these kits would probably clear this question up but I don't have a copy with me;)

Attachments

• IMG-20120325-00075a.jpg
    IMG-20120325-00075a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 47
OP
C

ccp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 C270CDI avantgarde
Plenty of good aftermarkets kits about like Steelmate and Laserline. IMO save your money and get one of those, nothing special about the QuickPark.

npuk is right about the money, but the MB retrofit set I've just installed removes the 3rd set of "aftermarket" (as fitted by an MB dealer) reversing sensors that my car has had. None of these were Steelmate or Laserline so I cannot pass any comment on these makes.

Having had OEM sensors on Audi's and a Jaguar I find the occasional false indication and non-OEM appearance irritating & sometimes offensive. I got lucky and have installed this OEM set for not much over £200, if I had been paying the circa £900 for list price components I would not have got SWMBO approval!

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
The part number of my kit was B67823805. Its labelled as being for a CL203 which accorcing to wikipedia is the C Class coupe but the instructions for bumper drilling include details for the CLK (209).

Apart from the price I don't know what the difference between the two kits your links point to is - The label on the box my kit came in describes it as both "Quickpark" and "Park Assistance" I think these names are related to the language in use - the photo shows the label. I suspect the cheaper one may be buzzer only and not include the display - but don't quote me on this. The WIS installation instructions for these kits would probably clear this question up but I don't have a copy with me;)

I asked that "quick park" B67823968 set from the German spare part and accessories dealer, and they told that they don't recommend it. They have had a lot of trouble with it, and it does not belong to the official accessories any longer. And in addition they told that set is not for European market (I also found a russian site where that part was announced to be 'USA part'). So perhaps I'll try those Steelmate, Laserline, Cobra or Meta brands... in Finnish winter conditions none of those are working 100% anyway :neutral:

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom