Parktronic retrofit problem

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
I'm in the process of retrofitting the genuine parking system to my s-class and I've run into a problem:(

I planned to just do the rear for the time being. So I have run the loom installed the displays and ecu. Enabled it in the CGW and CAN network. The system is all recognised by star and can read the fault codes which are just that there are no front sensors installed.

The voltages all look good.

In star the actual values of the sensors at the rear all read 255cm and do not change if an object is put near them.

Any suggestions? Does the system need all the sensors present to function even in star?

Thanks

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ouch, not easy is it. was there an option for rear only, I have not seen one.

Thinking on this I think it does require them all, If I am in any gear, if anyone walks near the front or rear they sound off

N

npuk

Parktronic is front and back. The rear only system isnt Parktronic. As above I would think it needs all sensors connected to operate but whether it should work in STAR without the front not sure. If you have the front sensors just hook them up but dont install them and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
Ouch, not easy is it. was there an option for rear only, I have not seen one.

Thinking on this I think it does require them all, If I am in any gear, if anyone walks near the front or rear they sound off

Thanks for the help guys.

It is not an option just I though I could run the system with only the rears installed.

You are probably right about the functioning system but I'm surprised star can not give actual data for individual sensors?

I believe 255cm is the default distance with no object detected?

I can't here them clicking either.

Parktronic is front and back. The rear only system isnt Parktronic. As above I would think it needs all sensors connected to operate but whether it should work in STAR without the front not sure. If you have the front sensors just hook them up but dont install them and see if it makes a difference.

I would fit the front sensors but I do not have them yet and at about £20 a go and I need 6 it is quite expensive:)

There is a test is star for the signal wire where it pulses the wire between sensor voltage (about 8v) and 0V at 1Hz. My cheap multimeter measures a 1 volt drop do you think this is correct or would I need a scope to test?

Cheers

Adam

OP
A

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
I just been testing the sensors further and I was wrong they are clicking very softly (barely audible) when star is pulsing them.

So it may well be that I need a full set of sensors.

Adam

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have just been out to mine and turned on, in D or R if you walk by either end the warning comes on, so all needed I am sure of that as well.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
On the CLS only the fronts come on with D. With R both front and rear come on.

OP
A

AdamG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320CDI (2003)
Thanks for the info.

I've ordered a set of front sensors now and will report back if that solves it.

Adam

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom