Parts ( service items ) for my 280SE 1971

Mark280SE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W108 1970 2.8ltr
Hmmm coming from a classic Porsche world I have found a lack of parts for my new toy. I wish now I had kicked the CCard when I was in the US and filled the car up with Merc spares for the car..

So where can I get decent priced part for this car. I called a main dealer in the Poole and was asked for a a chassis number for a Fuel/air and oil filter I didn't have this to hand, resulting in the phone going down and grunt from my self...

I followed a few more calls up for other parts I managed to get the last ever right and left hand thread tie rod ends from G&S and the last Rear caliper ( ate ) from KS some thing or other in Brum..

So where does one get their Merc parts for classic cars? do I have buy from the US like I do my Porsche parts...???

also any one know the oil I need for a 2.8ltr straight 6 280SE ????

thank you in advance :cool:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom