PCP Ends Then...?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Finally, you say "These figures just don't stack up with owning a small car on low annual mileage" - nor does buying a new car. Bangernomics makes much more sense than buying new

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk
A nice 2000 E320 CDI estate in your link for £2,990 and almost run in at 545,704 miles

mastereng

Reaction score
Buying a new car to get free/subsidised servicing seems bizarre to me. Depreciation is the single biggest motoring cost for buyers of new cars - at the beginning of your ownership your A Class was probably costing you £400 / month in depreciation so £400 for an annual service is a drop in the ocean. This situation is obscured by the PCP but it's still real

Agree entirely that depreciation is by far and away the biggest cost. However if I hand over my £7.5K at the end of the PCP, thereafter servicing becomes a much bigger percentage of annual running costs, plus there is no warranty (okay, Mobilo but that is so vaguely worded I am not entirely convinced). If I dare refer to BMW again they are advertising fixed cost reasonably priced servicing for E46 3 series. I just don't feel comfortable with the potential annual servicing bills from Mercedes for a small car. Even the one service I have had was £200 for what amounts to an oil change and then things I don't need or can do myself (wash the car, top up washer fluid etc).

Finally, the guy who suggested get the old E Class Estate - I have considered that! My Golden Retriever finds it a bit of a squash in the back of an A Class so maybe the £7.5K could get spent on something infinitely more interesting albeit financially not very sensible!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom