persistant ABS problem - 190E 2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Halsey

Reaction score
I have a 190E 2.6, which is my pride and joy. But, the nearside ABS sensor keeps failing. During the last two months it has knocked out 3 sensors (not cheap!!). This then causes the ASD to go haywire.
Any advice would be welcome

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
persistant ABS problem

Hullo Mr German & Swedish

The routing of the ABS sensor is critical, as the wheel turns the brading( think of the sensor as a long aerial extension cable, with inner & outer brading.) This can crack the cabling causing the light to come on. Also check the wheel hub. This can cause a number of problems. Having changed a number of ABS sensors, I would look at the hub.  A compatent technician should be able to check the AC out put of the sensor. To identify any problems.
As for your ASD. This system was never one of MB best ideas?

Hope all goes well. You can contact me on... (Yes you've guessed it) www.mercedesservicing.com

Regards
Andy

Anonymous

Reaction score
persistant ABS problem

Hello David,
Learning that you have the 2.6 190, I am envious,I had a 92 model that was lowered & AMG wheels.It was a superb car,in every respect & as sure footed as a cat.It was 100k when I (gave) part exchanged it for a C classs
& it was still as smooth as silk.I regret parting with it very much indeed.Many have completed prodigous mileages without any major problems whatsoever. It is recognised as being the definitive 190 model & in my opinion a classic car of the future.What ever you do, dont consider a C !

regards
Ernest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom