Phone Cradle

glenvine

Reaction score
Website
www.frankwhiteway.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2002 C270 Avantgarde SE TDI (Leather, Sports Pack,Comand, &, &,&.) 1998 C250 TD Estate (Gone now)
Does anyone have - or know where I might find - a S/H but servicable phone cradle (MB Part A211 820 1451). This cradle uses the Nokia 6310i phone and has the coiled wire connection (Not UHI) to the system plug inside the centre armrest.
The PCB inside my cradle has broken and there is no audio output from the phone although the system will dial out OK on requests from the steering wheel buttons.
Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There are always some on Ebay cheap

lutters

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 320cdi
Sorry to say these are like rocking horse s... and not availble on ebay. I have been looking for a couple of years now. Command has availabilty for about £175 last time i looked.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to say these are like rocking horse s... and not availble on ebay. I have been looking for a couple of years now. Command has availabilty for about £175 last time i looked.

Thank you for that lutters,, if the PCB is cracked it may be possible to fix it, it depends on where the crack is

N

npuk

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=catalog&parent=43&pg=1

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/W211-E-class-Nokia-6310i-cradle-with-curly-cable..html?page=1

Also check ebay UK and ebay Germany.

Apparently the below Nokia car kit cradle can be connected to the phone system in your car and it will work fine. PM a member called Diesel Benz as he posted on mbworld he used one in a prevuous car when the original cradle broke.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Nokia...MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item43a0721435

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

glenvine

Reaction score
Website
www.frankwhiteway.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2002 C270 Avantgarde SE TDI (Leather, Sports Pack,Comand, &, &,&.) 1998 C250 TD Estate (Gone now)
Thanks Guys

A big thank-you to all who offered their help in my hour of need. Lutters had the correct definition to the problem and one that I was reluctant to accept - but it is true - these specific cradles are as rare as hens teeth.
Television's suggestion got me thinking. The PCB (really a flexi tape rather than a board) only had 3 conductors but was as thin and fragile as tissue paper. Close scrutiny showed that it was wired to a small micro-switch which disconnected the Command speaker when the phone was removed from the cradle and lifted to the ear. As this function is rarely used by me (her!) it was a simple task to bridge cons 1&2 which re-enabled the Command speaker and all is now working a treat.
I am now 'as 'appy as a dog with 2 d-cks'
Thanks again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So pleased that you got it to work,,I always have a look in these things as I hate to be beaten by the system and expensive parts

parthiban

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a great result!

Is it all the cradles then that are quite rare and in demand or just the Nokia one? I'm sure we have a K750 cradle somewhere, perhaps I should put it on ebay?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sounds like you got a great result!

Is it all the cradles then that are quite rare and in demand or just the Nokia one? I'm sure we have a K750 cradle somewhere, perhaps I should put it on ebay?

You should and take a break with the money :D

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom