Phone in w203

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 Mercedes c200 cdi auto w203
Is there a simple way to connect/tap into my exising radio/cd via some sort of "bluetooth box/wiring/ect" to make and receive calls on my mobile phone through speakers?by the way o dont have any factory existing wiring or phone fittings

Not really looking for different HU ect

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
TBH You can pick up an Android head unit for around £200. I’m not sure if there is a similar cost effective option.

My 203 did have a Parrot unit installed which I did remove when I replaced my head unit which you might be able to still buy.

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
My W203 has a Parrot. Works fine for me, though my wife says it sounds a bit echoee at her end, this could be true for most cars. Simple plug in to the back of the head unit and connect to the power. Connects by bluetooth, over riding the radio etc to use the speakers.. Top versions will also play your tunes from the phone as well. Possibly amongst the easiest ways to get connected, but there are far more sophisticated systems available, loads of knowledge about them on here.
Voice recognition is a bit of a prude. Sometimes when I combine a swear word with a name it pipes up with " That name is not recognised!".

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
think il bite da bullet n go for a full on head unit with sat nav blutokth ect ,£170 but...

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
think il bite da bullet n go for a full on head unit with sat nav blutokth ect ,£170 but...

They are very good. Look for Android 8.0 (not 8.10) with an octacore CPU, 4Gb ram and 32Gb rom.

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any links to that 1 on ebay or sumwhere? Cheers

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250D Coupe / Ex SL500 R230 - CLC V6 - Crossfire V6 - W203 C230k Coupe
They are very good. Look for Android 8.0 (not 8.10) with an octacore CPU, 4Gb ram and 32Gb rom.
Pleasant to see people are now trusting in what most, and some still, called Cheap Chinese Cr** - because they were cheap , made in China and in their experience (or inexperience infact) cr**

Im all for it. Dont knock it till youve tried it (Properly)

£200 for a unit is great value compared to retro fitting OEM stuff

I had to fit a tablet into my SL to get those kind of features! My OEM Comand unit told me I was in the middle of the sea

In reply to Original question - It looks like your car is the prefacelift ? I justed posted on another thread about audio 20 facelift adding AUX cable which would let you then plug in a bluetooth unit which would allow for calls and music from your phone to car speakers)

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pleasant to see people are now trusting in what most, and some still, called Cheap Chinese Cr** - because they were cheap , made in China and in their experience (or inexperience infact) cr**

Im all for it. Dont knock it till youve tried it (Properly)

£200 for a unit is great value compared to retro fitting OEM stuff

I had to fit a tablet into my SL to get those kind of features! My OEM Comand unit told me I was in the middle of the sea

In reply to Original question - It looks like your car is the prefacelift ? I justed posted on another thread about audio 20 facelift adding AUX cable which would let you then plug in a bluetooth unit which would allow for calls and music from your phone to car speakers)

Link to that please?

OP
Lcowner

Lcowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
To the thread where u said u installed a device to accept calls via speakers ect?

SH0X

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C250D Coupe / Ex SL500 R230 - CLC V6 - Crossfire V6 - W203 C230k Coupe
Here you go https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?posts/1698304/

not sure if it relates to your model

Do you have an AUX port in the glovebox?

Worst case stick a Bluetooth unit on your wind visor or mount in the car (stand alone) and it will work as if you had bluetooth in the car. Maybe something thats fairly loud.

Sort of like the portable speakers that the yout walk around with

SOunds funny but I guarantee you it will work & will be affordable

s-l1600.jpg

this is prefacelift cubby. I would stick something in there. I could probably mock something up to work (I like to think outside the box / find alternatives) hardwire in aswell

or what about something like this
s-l1600.jpg

actually
lets take it back old school

Why not fit an aftermarket stereo in the car with bluetooth USB CD AUX the whole lot. BEtter SOund more flexibilty. Stereo would be around £50 fitting kit maybe £30. Can always sell later on.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom