Photos needed for Hertfordshire Merx website

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
Hi guys,

Need some help please if anyone can.

I have recently received a letter from Mercedes-Benz UK complaining I have used images of Mercedes-Benz cars on my website. My graphic designer obviously downloaded these off google images and built them into my website. Having read the letter, which I have been charged £300 for the priviledge of receiving, I am now aware that I cannot use these images amongst other things, so I am wondering if anyone has some exceptional photgraphs of their cars and would give me permission to use them on my website.....please!! Hopefully they cannot complain about private photos! If there is a solicitor amongst you out there who can shed light on this then I would be much obliged.

Thanks guys I hope you are all well

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Happy for you to have a photo of mine if that helps but it's only a lowly CLK. Probably many nicer ones out there.

On a separate note: shouldn't you be passing this cost onto your graphic designer - it's what you paid him for and if he used copyright images, it's his problem not yours.

Dave

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Sorry I am not a solicitor.

I think that MB may own the copyright on the images used.

From memory, you can only use pictures of Mercedes cars in the context of the car as a whole, and not just the 3 pointed star. You must own the copyright to the photo, or have written permission from the rights holder.

That's about the extent of what I know.

Sorry.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I have spoken to MB corporate about this subject before, and they have no issues with images being used of private cars, as long as you show the car and not just the STAR logo.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What type of pictures cars with the bonnet opened or wheels off or just as they are

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
What kind of images are you looking for?

You can have my car on there if you like. I dont mind advertising my CLK:lol::lol::lol:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You are free to use any images (minus the reg number) you find on here of my car, thats if you want any of a W208 lol

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think that brabus230 takes the best pictures and they are outstanding he has may of cars from all angles

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
while you're waiting for images, look at it from the postive side - you are clearly annoying / worrying / hurting the nearest main dealer enough to have some bureaucrat at MB write to you :lol:

You also have a cast iron case against the web designers (assuming they provided the images and not you) - image copyright is an absolutely fundamental basic in web design & they should have been much more careful about what they used

Peteee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ob Black CLK 320 CDI 2006
It would be nice if some of the lady members modelled their cars by draping themselves across bonnets and boot lids
Anyone got any suggestions who could apply
Certainly brighten things up for us old gits:D

OP
H

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
Thanks for that Petee, anyway - moving on!!!!:Oops:

OP
H

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
while you're waiting for images, look at it from the postive side - you are clearly annoying / worrying / hurting the nearest main dealer enough to have some bureaucrat at MB write to you :lol:

You also have a cast iron case against the web designers (assuming they provided the images and not you) - image copyright is an absolutely fundamental basic in web design & they should have been much more careful about what they used

I agree with your statement about hurting my closest main dealer, believe me there is a form of irony there as well!

What puzzles me is that MBUK got hold of an advert I placed in my local newspaper... I wonder where that came from???

My web designer provided the images, he got them off google images.

Peteee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ob Black CLK 320 CDI 2006
You have a nice web site there
What about some workshop photos and a picture of yourself so customers can see who they are dealing with and the setup
Shame mb are so protective of their star logo but i suppose we would all be the same

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB told me they have a team that actively seeks out incorrect/unauthorised use of their intellectual property.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
How did the £300 charge come into play ?????????

I don't have to pay to receive letters.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How did the £300 charge come into play ?????????

I don't have to pay to receive letters.

It was damages, if you can believe that I think and the cost involved for them

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i guess really he could have expected more from the web designers, but all is well that ends well - could have been worse...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i guess really he could have expected more from the web designers, but all is well that ends well - could have been worse...

On a similar dispute with Yamaha to which I had been sole service for the UK for 10 years, I did not change my name after we spit,,and I had to pay a £500 solicitors bill,,it was cheaper to pay, that was in 1981ish

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Google

If the images came from Google, then surley they are in the public domain and free to all. If not what is the point of the WWW

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom