Pleasantly surprised

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Well got the car booked in for it service including the ATF and the mechanic asked if I wouldn't mind buying all the stuff or the ATF myself? Ok no problem I thought will give MB Lincoln a call and find out how much it would be, I had a guess at about £150-£160 for everything but after a few minutes of totting up the parts guy says ok it will be £119 including VAT :shock::shock: and everything is in stock ready for me to collect if I would like???

Really was surprised at that and he did add that was 7 litres of ATF which just sealed the deal I ordered it and thought even if I did a load of hunting I wouldn't be able to get much cheaper anywhere else.

Just wanted to share this with people :)

Last edited:

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
Ever since I owned my first Merc, a W123, I have found main dealers just as cheap.

At least you know what you are buying as well.

The Merc dealer in West Bridgeford, Nottingham, use to have a mail list you could sign up to and receive end of line stock clearence items.

This was bang on when I had the W123 as they seemed to have quite a few parts in stock going very cheap which I took full advantage of.

Richard

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
You will only need 4 of the 7 ltres for your oil change as that is all that can be drained off.

OP
V6Matty

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
You will only need 4 of the 7 ltres for your oil change as that is all that can be drained off.

i thought if you disconnect the cooler pipe you can get about 6 to 6.5 litres off or am i imagining i read that somewhere?

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i thought if you disconnect the cooler pipe you can get about 6 to 6.5 litres off or am i imagining i read that somewhere?

There are various posts claiming different amounts drained, I have only managed 4 ltres at the most, I then drain off what is in the sump after about 25000 miles and replenish with new oil to achieve a dilution of what was remaining of the old oil.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
If you change the sump oil then refil it with 4L of fresh oil and start the engine and crack off the union on the LHS of the box (if you were looking at it from the prop end of the box) you can drain the cooler and the TC from there with the engine running. You can let it dribble out into a container so you can measure how much comes out. Then just top up the amount that is pushed out. As the new oil goes from the sump it pushes the old oil out.

So yes you can do a full drain and flush. No need to dilute or mix old oil. A very straight forward procedure.

Last edited:

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
It only takes 10 mins longer to remove the N/S banjo connection and pump an extra 3 litres of dirty ATF from the torque converter.

Pointless mixing new ATF with old.

Last edited:

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pointless mixing new ATF with old.

Unavoidable really, there will always be a % of old atf remaining in the transmission after draining, even if using the 'top up and pump out' method.

Last edited:

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Unavoidable really, there will always be a % of old atf remaining in the transmission after draining, even if using the 'top up and pump out' method.
You could take that view with any drain procedure on any engine / gearbox, but getting the majority out, of which 3 litres is, makes a big difference for 10 mins extra.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG

Yes but no point mixing 30-40% when it can be pumped out by undoing 1 banjo bolt!!

Top Bottom