Please Help: A170 Was in Limp Mode

ldare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 270ML Inspiration / 2007 R320 Sport
Hi

My Mum has a 2006 A170 and today it went into Limp mode with the ESP and Abs lights coming on. It passed the Mot last week and sods law something has gone wrong.

The AA came out and emailed her a report as follows.

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 03B / SIM 2660042 - Mixture adaptation. Error Message : Value/signal outside range.0057 - Wheel speed sensor, front left. Error Message : Signal improbable.0050 - CAN signal from instrument cluster. Error Message : Tank level not plausible.00FB - Tank filling level sensor. Error Message : Electrical fault.0038 - Engine speed signal. Error Message : Open circuit/short circuit.Varios codes needs further investigation at garageEngine Oil Level Ok. Coolant Level Ok

Can anyone please identify for me which of these would have forced the car into Limp mode?

She has been out this evening and no ESP or Abs lights and no Limp mode.

Would a speed sensor really trigger Limp mode? I had a 2007 C180 and has these lights when my sensor died and this didn't force Limp mode??

Thanks
Louis

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Depends if it was really limp mode. A wheel speed sensor can fail in such a way as to make pulling away from standstill very difficult, with the traction control repeatedly cutting power because it thinks a wheel is spinning. I’d investigate the wheel sensor issue first, and check the reluctor ring on the driveshaft too for cracking or corrosion

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom