Please help! EGR Blank. Where?

LAC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI S210
Hi Guys n Gals,

I am having a moment. My 2002 S210 E320CDi. I have an EGR diamond blanking plate. Where the hell do I fit it?

I have had the EGR deleted through the ECU and re-mapped, and it's a good'en - good economy (50 mpg) and quick. No more plumes of black crap from the back, suffocating drivers and passengers following.

However, when at temp and cruise kicks in, it drops into limp. Usually on motorways. A simple ignition stop/start resolves this. So I suspect that whilst the EGR has been programmed to remain closed, there is a slight leak hence the blank I need to fit.

Please can you advise where I apply the diamond blank I bought. Big thanks.

I may not get back to you tonight as calling it a night, but any direction is welcome.

Thank-you kindly once again.

Les.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I would suggest that you maybe incorrect. A very small leak through the egr would not cause a limp mode. Your symptoms are much more likely to be a MAF or perhaps some issue with your remap. A scan would be advised.

Ian.

OP
LAC

LAC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. A very good point. I suppose If it was leaking it would leak when cold or normal driving. I will clean the MAF first with some non-residue cleaner for starters, then try.

Thanks again.

LC

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thankyou for sharing your NOx particles with us !! :(

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ And be aware that an EGR removal is now an MOT fail if its spotted.

OP
LAC

LAC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks, AMGeed. I have deleted the EGR through the ECU, but it's still present (so they can see it) and I can remove the blank (so they can't see it) before test so, I should - and I say 'should' with much hesitation - be okay. If not, I shall just reverse if it fails. The car now runs much better (much more responsive) is quicker and more economical thus, less fuel being burnt. I am getting over 50 mpg. Not bad for a 15 year old 320 CDi.

Attachments

• 20180328_060107.jpg
    20180328_060107.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 3
OP
LAC

LAC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thankyou for sharing your NOx particles with us !! :(

Prior to the delete it was kicking out continuous plumes of black crap and on kick-down, it was like a Bond car. Now however, clean as a whistle. I do understand though. EGRs are designed to reduce NOx and we should not be deleting them, but the increase in NOx is minimal and with this old beast, it's now much cleaner than before. This is temporary until I find the time to remove/clean the manifold and renew the EGR/actuator, and then I will reverse the ECU. So fear not.

OP
LAC

LAC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vac.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom