PMs again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Once again the PMs are coming in asking for help, I deleted 40 Tuesday 27 yesterday and 27 today.

Sorry guys I just cannot cope with them all, I have asked some to post on the forum, others just had to be deleted.

I answer all the post that I can, but when a PM comes in every time I do a post, I just want to turn the computer off and run a mile.

Yes its always nice to get a PM of thanks as no answer is required.

What does one do, and no offence to those that have sent them

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Malcom, you have made it all too clear that you want the questions in the forum, not via PM. one good reason is that we all learn more from seeing the questions and how they are resolved, and yes your time is valuable so it should not be demanded that you offer a one to one service. i think your doing the right thing by just deleting them tbh

just my 2c

A

alindsay81

setup a paypal account have people pay you to respond to their PMs

I dont know = £1
List of ideas about the problem = £10
Solution to problem = £25

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Said to you many times, your taking on more than you can handle, let the site do its job and we can all reply!!!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Private messaging for advise, is very selfish !!

I also get 20+ a day ( on another site about powerboats and jetski's ) ........ I bin em, and ask they post up ...... why ?? ...... because others may have a better answer than me..... and more importantly ............. it's a forum ................ please check the definition of one, folks !!!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Malc

I get 6-8 calls a week from people wanting to know why the A class auto box is in F mode......... I ask where are you in the UK, scotland!!!!!

Like I can help................

Sorry to say this but the people that want help without being too cheeky place a post and there are great people here to help!! thats the whole point of this forum them that want it all for free ring or email and the sad fact is theres no fix to any problem when the car is 600 miles away!!!!!!

jif was jib but changed my name to jiv next if will be cif then possibly herp or ciflis then poss crabs,

jib

jib

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
PEOPLE PLEASE USE THE FORUM AND SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE

Dont put too much pressure on people like Malc, He is not paid to help us.If we post something on forum, everyone else can learn on those faults too.

Please dont send PM's to him and use the forum instead

If u ask a question on forum, you will definately get a response and it may even be from Malc, But its not just his job to help us all, there are others on here who can help too.

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Malcolm, I don't know how you do what you do already, without PM's to worry about. You asked for people to post on the forum, if they don't then bin them.

Oh and by the way, you don't have to reply to every post. :lol:

sailorP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK32AMG
+1 on deleting.
You do a fantastic job responding already....don't overload yourself even more by responding to PMs.....by all means employ PMs to send PRIVATE details (email addresses etc), but anything else.....let it all hang out so everyone can see it.
Questions & responses on the forum educate us all.
Phil

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Always thought forum was intended to share knowledge and as people have said here already you get differing views/answers (not always useful when five people give five different answers but hey, something to go at, ha ha).

I've picked up lots of bits of knowledge (a dangerous thing I know) just generally reading and often thought "ah, that's why....." or "oooh, will check that", type of thing. Can't get that on a PM.

So I'm with the don't-apologise-just-bin-em brigade, You've given me lots of good advice through the forum and I've picked up on your advice (and othere peoples too of course) through plent of other posts.

Thanks anyway

RiceBurner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 230TE
Said to you many times, your taking on more than you can handle, let the site do its job and we can all reply!!!

What SAM said.

Keep things like that public, then everyone can learn/help.

Hell - even I'll chip in if it's something I know I can answer correctly (after having learnt it from yourself/someone else ;) )

w211-e-class

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e270
i think its the NO of posts you have . i remember when i pm'ed you.also it is beceause it takes years :rolleyes: for the new accounts to activate and i dont think people are patient.:)

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx

Dear Malcolm

Take that well deserved holiday for two weeks or so and don't touch a computer for the duration. On your return delete, unread, every email and PM. Maybe, by then, people will get the message. Your help is so well appreciated it is a shame that some abuse your kindness.

Last edited:

youspurs1

Reaction score
Once again the PMs are coming in asking for help, I deleted 40 Tuesday 27 yesterday and 27 today.

Sorry guys I just cannot cope with them all, I have asked some to post on the forum, others just had to be deleted.

I answer all the post that I can, but when a PM comes in every time I do a post, I just want to turn the computer off and run a mile.

Yes its always nice to get a PM of thanks as no answer is required.

Don't turn your computer off, and don't run that mile - unless it's something you want to do to improve personal fitness (or to be able to fit into the car)
I've seen some of what you do here in the short time that I've been a member and have been mightily impressed.
Treat them as spam.
It's not fair or right that anyone should expect you to enter into a private dialogue unless you have invited such - and it also deprives others on this site the opportunity to share their knowledge, which is what forums like this are all about.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
There may have even been one from her Maj wishing to make you a Sir..or something more important..

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
There may have even been one from her Maj wishing to make you a Sir..or something more important..

That is possible you know....... you should read the titles at least

deejaybee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now - W210 E320cdi
Malcolm,
Don't worry - delete any PM's that you have not personally initiated.

I'm with everyone else on this. This is the Mercedes-Benz Owners FORUM. It is not a means to blag free help from any individual, irrespective of how knowledgeable and helpful they may be!!

Best regards,

Dave

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thank you very much for the replies, this will enable me to put something in my signature a little better and more polite than my first attempt.

Thank you all again:D:D

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
I've only just seen this thread but am with everyone else - delete the PMs Malcolm.

It's selfish of people to think that they can PM for a personal service, especially when others on the forum may also have useful advice for the problem being asked about.

A forum should be exactly that - a place for discussion!:)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom