1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POI update on 65 A Class?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by LiamH, Jan 12, 2019.

1. LiamH

LiamH New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2016 A200 Premium
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered before or is in the wrong section. I did do a search but didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm just wondering if the POI on the sat nav can be updated? I have a 65 plate A Class with the Garmin sat nav that takes an SD card. The live traffic subscription had expired so I bought the latest map pack from a dealer and noticed that the POI on the maps hadn't updated. I did originally think they might do but I'm guessing they're not a part of the map software and come from something else? Anyone able to help?

Thanks.

2. littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2016 A180d
    I have no idea but I'm curious as we also have an A Class with the Garmin SD card. Our car is a 2016 model and it didn't come with the SD card, so we went to our MB dealership and I think they wanted about £400 for it, we bought one from Amazon for about £100 as it was just too expensive. I just assumed after the subscription runs out we would just buy a new one and would get another 3yrs, does it not work like that :confused:

3. OP
    LiamH

LiamH New Member

Your Mercedes:
    2016 A200 Premium
    Mine cost £99 from the dealer. The main thing I wanted was the subscription and I didn't think it would work, but just put in the card and it all worked again, just set itself up.

littlebrooklyn likes this.