Pond in my boot !!

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Hi all,
My C270 CDI (2003) seems to have its own pond in the left hand recess inside the boot after I have been any distance on wet roads..
As far as I can tell its not leaking into the boot when the car is parked up in rain (but its possible I am wrong on this).
Any ideas?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
the leak could be from spray from the tyres if it only occurs after driving. probably a panel seam not sealed properly. id check b removing the rear wheelarch liner and spraying the arch with a hosepipe. a sprinkling of talc on the panels inside may help you locate the exact point the water is coming in and help you locate the area that needs to be re-sealed

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
1st check the grommet in the well floor ?
If its wet when not being moved do a test -line the boot with newspaper and spray rear window(seals) and bootlid with water .

bouncer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200k w203
Do you have a tow bar fitted, common to leak in from the fitting bolts if the seals are not fitted correctly

sTeVe

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The leak will be through the high level brake light or other,,I can look it up later in the day

OP
S.Speed

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Steve..
Funnily enough I have had a towbar fitted..
Mmmm
I shall investigate further..

LYNALL

Reaction score
My e class had similiar leak misting windows up etc and was caused by the towbar that was on the car before i got it.

Notice how nicely the metal had been cut and rustproofed not! simple tin plate and some sikaflex sorted it once and for all.

Took me weeks to find the leak, once sussed by spraying the hosepipe up from underneath between the bumper and the body of the car showed me where to repair.

Lynall

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00123.JPG
    DSC00123.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom